This post is sponsored by Avocados From Mexico in conjunction with Forward Influence. Opinions are 100% my own.
Delicious Spicy Shrimp Po Boy with Avocado Crema are great game day eats. A buttery brioche bun is slathered with spicy avocado crema and filled with Creole seasoned, beer battered, fried shrimp. Topped off with fresh avocado slices and garnished with micro greens. Go ahead and savor winning flavors.
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? I hear there’s a BIG GAME coming up. Maybe you’re into that sort of thing. Or maybe you’re just into the party (food). Either way this Spicy Beer Battered Po’ Boy Sandwich with Avocado Crema should be on your menu.
We’ve put our own spin on this classic sandwich and we’re pretty pleased with the results. No matter which team you’re rooting for, if you love avocados as much as we do, this recipe will be a touchdown.
What are the benefits of avocados?
Avocados From Mexico are worth including because they’re healthy, delicious, always in season and they’re VERSATILE.
Not only are these spicy shrimp po’ boys topped with slices of fresh Avocados From Mexico, we also included mashed avocados in our avocado crema. We opted for a crema instead of a traditional remoulade sauce and we think it works beautifully with the Creole seasoned beer battered shrimp.
Because spice is a theme throughout this sandwich, the avocado crema has a little kick to it as well. Spice is nice.
Our spice comes in the form of TABASCO® Sauce. The iconic bottle we all know and love. Did you know that TABASCO® Sauce is made using three simple ingredients: red peppers, salt and vinegar? That’s it.
It can be used as a condiment or an ingredient to flavor your world. Options, you know how much we love them.
We also love giving away PRIZES! You can buy a whole of Avocados From Mexico with this one. Remember, you have to be in it for a chance to win it ? GIVEAWAY: $1,000 Gift Card. Enter using the rafflecopter widget below. Rules and Regulations are located on the widget.
Want even more game day inspiration? Be sure to check out my team mate’s tasty posts:
After you’ve made these tasty game day eats why not consider having a Lime-A-Rita. They’re fruity, fizzy, and fun! Go ahead and have a RITA.
- 48 ounces canola oil
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can beer
- 3 teaspoons TABASCO® Sauce - divided
- 3 avocados From Mexico, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema
- 1 lime - quartered
- 4 brioche buns
- micro greens to garnish
- Place oil in a deep sided, heavy bottom pot. Heat until oil reaches 350 degrees.
- Into a medium bowl add shrimp and Creole seasoning. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl add: flour and salt.
- Add beer, 2 teaspoons TABASCO® sauce and mix until there are no lumps.
- Working in batches, add shrimp to batter. Taking care that shrimp are coated completely.
- Shake excess batter and place into oil.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes turning mid way OR until golden.
- Transfer to a bowl/plate lined with a paper towel. Continue until all shrimp are fried. Discard any unused batter.
- Into a small bowl mash one Avocado From Mexico with a fork. Season with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Add Mexican crema, juice from lime wedge and remaining 1 teaspoon TABASCO® Sauce. Mix to combine until smooth.
- To assemble: Slather brioche buns with Avocado crema. Equally divide shrimp between sandwiches.
- Garnish with sliced avocado and micro greens.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
8 PCS Set Non Stick Copper Coated Ceramic Induction compatible 9.5 Inches Deep Square Pan & Frying Pan, Includes Fry Basket, Steamer Rack (Copper)
Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red