Short Ribs with Bourbon Reduction is a comforting and cozy slow cooked meal that is perfect to enjoy all winter long.
Break out your French or Dutch ovens, it’s time that we get our braise on. Braised beef short ribs are incredibly tender. Fall off the bone after they’ve simmered in their liquids (in this case it’s broth and bourbon) for hours. It is a dish that requires some time so take that into consideration when meal planning.
It’s low fuss and full flavor so it’s completely worth it. This recipe is also from my (this is an affiliate link, I earn from qualifying purchases) NEW COOKBOOK. Iknowright !!!
What is the Name of The Cookbook?
I have been keeping this secret for a VERY long time and I’m so excited to finally share this with y’all. The cookbook is called Modern Pasta Sauces. It’s dedicated to my Momma, who taught me my way around a kitchen. Yes, I got it from my Momma.
The book contains 60, yes SIXTY sauce recipes. Sauces re imagined with delicious and creative twists.
Including this Short Rib and Bourbon Reduction that I’ve paired with Tagliatelle.
When Will the Cookbook Be Released?
The COOKBOOK will be released Tuesday December 10, 2019. Just in time for holiday giving, or receiving.
In addition to Amazon, the book will also be available at: Barnes & Noble, Indie Bound, BAM! and Indigo. Options, you know we love them.
Here is just a taste of what this tasty modern pasta sauces cookbook includes:
- Fresh new flavors? homemade pasta sauces of all flavors, fresh ingredients, difficulty levels, and prep times.
- Become a master saucier?Savory pasta sauce recipes you’ll enjoy include tomato, pesto, cream, meat, oil, and even vegan.
- Pasta pairing tips?Perfect for pairing specific sauces with popular pasta shapes like fettuccine, penne, ravioli, and spaghetti.
I hope you’ll dive right into the book and discover delish with a fresh twist! And a twirl around for your fork, because PASTA.
Braised short ribs are incredibly versatile. They’re cooked slowly in liquids which reduce to form an amazingly rich and decadent sauce that coats the pasta perfectly. Talk about punching up pasta night!
I hope you’ll like dish as much as I do AND the rest of the sauces in the COOKBOOK.
The following contains an affiliate link. I earn from qualifying purchases
Ready to get SAUCY? Click the link for more information and to ORDER my COOKBOOK
Here are a few of the early reviews:
“This book is packed with hearty and authentic recipes that have a modern twist. They all use seasonal, high-quality, and accessible ingredients and are easy to make. If you are a true pasta lover, this is the perfect book for you!”?Manuela Zangara, author of Homemade Pasta Made Simple
“Modern Pasta Sauces blends old world technique with modern flavor combinations. With stories of spending time in the kitchen with her mother, it’s an easy cookbook to get lost in and read from the first to the last page while gathering inspiration and knowledge. From Kale and Pistachio Pesto to Short Ribs with Bourbon Reduction to a tempting vegan chapter, this cookbook deserves a place in your permanent collection.”?Meredith Steele, author of Effortless Entertaining Cookbook
“If you love pasta dishes as much as I do, you’ll truly enjoy this new cookbook full of comforting and creative pasta sauces made with the freshest ingredients. This cookbook is the perfect way to try fun and new authentic Italian pasta dishes in the comfort of your own home! With easy-to-understand recipes and simple ingredients, this cookbook is great for home cooks?no matter your experience level. There’s lots of tips and tricks included, too, as well as pasta pairing suggestions and even flavor profiles for each dish!” ?Angie McGowan, author Eclectic Recipes
It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #bellalimento
- 2½ pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and minced
- 2 stalks celery, ends trimmed, minced
- 1 leek, dark green ends discarded, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ cup bourbon
- 2½ cups chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Season short ribs with salt, pepper, thyme, and sage. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in an oven-safe 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
Sear the short ribs on all sides until they are nicely browned. Set the
seared ribs aside.
4. In the same Dutch oven, add the carrots, celery, leeks, and garlic paste. Sauté until the vegetables have softened.
5. Add the bourbon to de-glaze the pan, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the Dutch oven.
6. Add stock and return the short ribs to the pan, cover with a lid,
and carefully transfer to the oven. Bake covered for 2 hours. Uncover
and continue cooking an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour, until the meat
is tender and shreds when pierced with a fork.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
COCA COLA BRAISED SHORT RIBS
BRAISED SHORT RIBS with VEGETABLES and HERBS