Slow Cooker Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers. Filling and flavorful.
I absolutely adore stuffed peppers. You can fill them with just about anything your heart desires. This version is vegetarian and the bell peppers are stuffed with rice, beans, cheese and seasonings. The bell peppers cook low and slow all day in the slow cooker and come out completely fork tender.
The amount of peppers you’ll need for the recipe will be determined by the size of your bell peppers. I like to arrange the bell peppers in my slow cooker insert prior to starting (like a puzzle) just to check fit.
What Color Bell Peppers Can I Use ?
You can choose any color bell peppers you like. I prefer the brightly colored Red, Orange, and Yellow bell peppers. They’re on the sweeter side. Green bell peppers are bell peppers that are harvested much earlier than the brightly colored peppers and tend to be slightly bitter to me. You do you.
(The following contains an affiliate link. I earn from qualifying purchases.) I love these Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers so much I’ve included this recipe in my NEW slow cooker COOKBOOK.
WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR COOKBOOK ?
Slow Cook All Day. The Ultimate Cookbook of Hands-Off Slow Cooker Recipes. Classic home cooking with minimal effort – 100 all-day slow cooker recipes for busy people like us.
Slow cookers aren’t just for the cold months y’all. Slow cookers come in handy all year long.
WHEN WILL YOUR SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK BE RELEASED?
(The following contains an affiliate link. I earn from qualifying purchases.) The SLOW COOK ALL DAY COOKBOOK will be released Tuesday July 21, 2020 and is currently available for PRE-SALE on Amazon!
(The following contains an affiliate link. I earn from qualifying purchases.)
I can’t wait to see what y’all cook from this book. It really makes my day when you make any of my recipes. IF you do please SHARE & TAG on Instagram #bellalimento
Want more SLOW COOKER INSPO? Try …
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS
- 6-8 bell peppers, tops cut off/reserved, peppers seeded and ribbed.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 - 15.5 ounce can pinto beans - drained, rinsed
- 2 - .17 ounce packets Sazon seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Place peppers in slow cooker insert, standing them upright. If needed, carefully trim a small slice off bottom (being careful not to cut into the cavity) so the peppers won't fall over.
- Remove and discard the stems from the reserved tops. Finely chop the remaining pepper flesh from the tops.
- Into a medium bowl, stir together cooked rice, pinto beans, seasoning, cheese, and chopped pepper tops.
- Fill peppers with equal amounts of rice mixture.
- Pour water around the peppers, being careful not to get any water inside them. Cover cooker and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
OPTIONAL: Finish peppers with a tablespoon of Enchilada Sauce and additional shredded cheese prior to serving.