Saffron Seafood Risotto. Rich, luxurious Saffron Risotto with shrimp is the perfect special occasion or holiday dish.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Risotto? I’m sure I have, it’s just so creamy and delicious. What’s not to love right, and it’s insanely versatile. You can put just about anything into it. Like SEAFOOD.
I wanted to do an ultra luxurious risotto and I thought what’s more luxurious than saffron? Oh, glorious saffron. I know this isn’t the most budget friendly recipe but we can splurge every now and then. When you’re ready to splurge, this is one of those recipes.
Risotto isn’t hard to make. The hardest part is standing there loving it generously. And by loving it generously I mean stirring, stirring and more stirring. Gently adding WARM STOCK when needed and stirring again. All of that love releases it’s creamy goodness.
To make this dish even more stunning, for presentation purposes, I simply took a measuring cup, scooped out the rice and garnished with a shrimp on top. Voila, a dish you might find in a fanchy schmancy restaurant.
MORE DELICIOUS RISOTTO RECIPES TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by this saffron seafood risotto recipe, you’ll love these other risotto recipes:
- Saffron Risotto
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Crispy Prosciutto
- Roasted Pumpkin Risotto with Pancetta
- Saffron Risotto Cakes
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot - minced
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 4-6 cups WARM chicken stock
- 1 small envelope of Saffron (or a good pinch)
- kosher salt
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound medium – large shrimp - peeled
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat add olive oil. When hot, add shallots and cook until translucent.
- Add Arborio rice and stir until coated well. Cook until it turns slightly translucent stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in a cup of warm stock. Add saffron and stir well. Season with salt.
- When stock reduces, add more. Continue this process until your stock is gone and/or until risotto is tender to the taste.
- When you’re rice is almost done add in cream cheese stir well until completely incorporated and creamy.
- Add Parmigiano Reggiano stir well. When your cheeses are mixed in thoroughly, add shrimp and cook until pink and they form a “c” shape. This will only be a few minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lundberg Family Farms White Arborio Rice, 32 Ounce
AramediA Wooden Cooking Utensil Olive Wood Risotto Spoon, Stir Spoon with Hole - Handmade and Hand Carved By Bethlehem Artisans near the birthplace of Jesus (12.5" x 2.5" x 0.3")
Microplane Zester Grater made in USA stainless steel blade for zesting citrus and grating cheese - plastic handle - black
Lagostina Q5510174 La Risottiera Stainless Steel Risotto Pan Cookware, 4-Quart, Silver
We would love to see them!