How To Make Balsamic Vinaigrette.
The new year is almost here and with the new year comes resolutions and/or goals. Eating more healthy foods (aka loosing a few pounds from the holidays) seems to top most people’s list. Including mine.
Salads immediately come to mind. Typically you won’t find me eating many salads. I’m just not a big salad fan. But on the rare occasion I do have one, it has to be dressed with balsamic vinegar. Period.
Did you know that you can make your own vinaigrette dressing? You’ll never have to buy another bottle of dressing once you find out how easy and inexpensive it is to make your own.
A few really good ingredients and a blender are all you need. Okay not totally true, the blender is just really handy but a little muscle and a whisk can do the job too.
I plan on making a few of these salads in jars to have in the fridge to try and help me stay on track.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper into blender. Pulse to combine.
- WHILE blender is running, slowly stream olive oil in.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Shake prior to using