My kids love chicken tenders. Seriously LOVE them. Since I pretty much refuse to take them through a drive thru to get them I make them at home, A LOT. Which means I need variety in my bag o’ chicken tender tricks. What else do they love? Ranch dressing. They would honestly put it on just about anything if I let them (and I’m sure they do when I’m out of town).
I don’t know why it took me so long to put those two together. Ranch + chicken tenders = happy kids in my house. I start off with a homemade lightened up version of ranch dressing (shhhh don’t tell them) made with Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
Slather the chicken tenders in this creamy goodness and then give them a roll in the
hay bowl with Progresso’s Panko bread crumbs. It’s that easy. Into the preheated oven they go and in 30 minutes or less (depending on how thick your chicken tenders are) you can have a delicious meal or snack ready to go.
Add more homemade ranch dressing for dipping and sit back, collect your gold star and watch the chicken tenders disappear. I may or may not have eaten half of these myself. So it’s kid and parent approved.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Progresso. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
Skinny Ranch Chicken Tenders
Skinny Ranch Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Progresso panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat (or aluminum foil) and place a cooling rack on top. Spray cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Season chicken tenders with salt/pepper.
- Place ranch dressing into a shallow bowl. Add chicken. Toss until chicken is coated on all sides.
- Place panko into a separate shallow bowl. Add parsley. Mix with fork to combine. Add chicken, pressing down slightly so that panko is coated on both sides. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Bake for approximately 15-25 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken) until chicken is cooked through. Flip chicken at 10 minutes.
- Serve with additional homemade ranch for dipping if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cassie | Bake Your Day says
I am all about some chicken tenders. These sound incredible!
Liz @ The Lemon Bowl says
These look awesome Paula!!
Miss @Miss in the Kitchen says
Wow these look so great and I would love them just as much as the kids!
Wow, these looks amazing! I adore chicken tenders, especially with ranch!
Great idea! Any recommendations on good homemade ranch recipes?
Hi Julie, Here is the link to my homemade ranch dressing https://bellalimento.com/2013/01/29/skinny-homemade-ranch-dressing/
I love panko breadcrumbs! This looks awesome, Paula!
Cookin' Canuck says
My kids would be very happy with these, too!
Ali | Gimme Some Oven says
YUM!!!! Love the skinny twist on a classic! These look beautiful!
claire @ the realistic nutritionist says
Ranch is my favorite flavor ever .My husband is sort of repulsed by it. I love that these are skinny!
Bev @ Bev Cooks says
Why is my face not wrapped around 30 of these right now?
Lana @ Never Enough Thyme says
My grandkids love chicken tenders, too! Oh, who am I kidding…I love them myself. Thanks for a great alternative to the fast-food version.
Tara @ Unsophisticook says
I don’t make homemade chicken tenders nearly often enough!
Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles says
Homemade chicken tenders simply can’t be beat, especially with panko, yum!
Hello, beauties. Want to come over to my house for dinner?
Kristy @ Chocolate Slopes says
I make these almost weekly, but with store-bought ranch. They are fantastic!