Skinny Ranch Chicken Tenders
My kids love chicken tenders. Seriously LOVE them. Since I pretty much refuse to take them through a drive thru to get them I make them at home, A LOT. Which means I need variety in my bag o’ chicken tender tricks. What else do they love? Ranch dressing. They would honestly put it on just about anything if I let them (and I’m sure they do when I’m out of town). I don’t know why it took me so long to put those two together. Ranch + chicken tenders = happy kids in my house. I start off with a homemade lightened up version of ranch dressing (shhhh don’t tell them) made with Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
Slather the chicken tenders in this creamy goodness and then give them a roll in the
hay bowl with Progresso’s Panko bread crumbs. It’s that easy. Into the preheated oven they go and in 30 minutes or less (depending on how thick your chicken tenders are) you can have a delicious meal or snack ready to go.
Add more homemade ranch dressing for dipping and sit back, collect your gold star and watch the chicken tenders disappear. I may or may not have eaten half of these myself. So it’s kid and parent approved.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Progresso. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Progresso panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat (or aluminum foil) and place a cooling rack on top. Spray cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Season chicken tenders with salt/pepper.
- Place ranch dressing into a shallow bowl. Add chicken. Toss until chicken is coated on all sides.
- Place panko into a separate shallow bowl. Add parsley. Mix with fork to combine. Add chicken, pressing down slightly so that panko is coated on both sides. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Bake for approximately 15-25 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken) until chicken is cooked through. Flip chicken at 10 minutes.
- Serve with additional homemade ranch for dipping if desired.