Skinny Homemade Ranch Dressing
Did you happen to see those skinny RANCH chicken tenders yesterday? It was made with our homemade ranch dressing. We’ve lightened up our usual recipe by substituting the mayo with Greek yogurt! It’s thick, creamy and in my opinion beats mayo any old day of the week. It still has all of the zing and tang that you expect from ranch dressing just lightened up. Which lets face it I totally need, I’m already dreaming about skirts and shorts and sunshine. Where are you groundhog? Sigh.
Did you know that Voskos Greek yogurt is all natural, made with NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors or preservatives? It’s made by using a traditional straining technique that ends up producing a naturally thick and creamy consistency. Not to mention it’s low in calories, fat, cholesterol and sodium! I’m just going to go out a limb and say this is healthy stuff! If comes in a variety of flavors and sizes. I’m kind of partial to the exotic fig. Crazy good.
You’d be surprised how many options you can make lighter by substituting Greek yogurt. Go ahead and give it a try! It’s better than good.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Voskos Greek Yogurt. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup Voskos Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup buttermilk
- In medium bowl, stir together sour cream, Greek yogurt, parsley, chives and garlic paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/3 cup buttermilk. If mixture is too thick, add more buttermilk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired thickness.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to blend flavors.