Boozy Blueberry Thyme Sorbet is intended for those 21 years of age and older.
You’d think we were considering opening up an ice cream shoppe the way we’ve been churning out frozen treats around here. Between the gelato, ice cream and sorbets our ice cream maker has been working over time this summer and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be slowing down anytime soon.
Our Watermelon Sorbet was wildly popular (even Lauren Conrad thought so, yep she pinned it). I think this boozy blueberry thyme version will be as well.
Unlike our pretty in pink Watermelon version, this one is a dark blue beauty that’s exploding with flavors. The thyme is super subtle but is the glue that pulls these flavors together in perfect flavor harmony. I just said that didn’t I? Now I have …”I’d like to teach the world to sing” stuck in my head.
Did I just age myself on my birthday no less? And honestly no one wants me to teach them to sing. I won’t be on The Voice. Like ever. Bold, beautiful and boozy, what else could you ask for?
If you’re serving this in mixed age company then you can absolutely leave out the jiggle juice. Or make two batches like I do because honestly this one won’t last long. Unless you have more will power around frozen treats than I do, then it might.
Now who’s going to make this and invite me over?
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 springs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Place blueberries into a blender and puree. Add lemon juice and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Into a heavy bottom pan add sugar and water and bring to a boil. Whisk until sugar is incorporated. Continue cooking until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Add thyme and allow to come to room temperature and then transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- After chilled, mix simple syrup (approximately 3/4 cup) with pureed blueberries, and vodka. Pour mixture through a sieve and into your ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- If not serving immediately, transfer to freezer appropriate container until ready to serve.
- Garnish with additional thyme if desired.