DIY Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub
When I opened my window this morning there were no waves crashing, and no sun light pouring over my sun kissed face. Sigh. Instead there were deer staring at me from the woods with their heads cocked to one side as if to say “where are my tomatoes lady?” Ha! I of course answered them (loudly) and said no tomatoes for YOU and promptly jumped back into bed.
In case that last sentence makes no sense to you those darling deer ate most all of my raised bed tomatoes last year despite my best efforts to ward them off, which did not include a gun, not that I’m against that, I’m just not a fan of deer meat.
This year, I’ve claimed the deck as my own garden and the tomatoes are almost as tall as I am in their containers. Take that deer!
Homemade Sugar Scrubs.
We’ve been on vacation for the past two weeks, first the mountains and then the beach. It was just what we needed. Time to decompress, unplug, put together puzzles, laugh at silly jokes and just hang out.
I’m super refreshed and relaxed. Well until I look at my inbox and then I get slightly tense so I’m avoiding it at the moment.
Beach time means my skin could use a little spa time. Because we just paid for said vacation that means no spa time for me at the moment. No worries, instead I whipped up a quick and refreshing cucumber and mint sugar scrub which is going to do the trick nicely and for pennies.
Place your left over cucumber slices on your eyes. Or use it in a salad (but not if you’ve put it on your eyes because well ew).
Recipe adapted from Dixie Crystals.
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced
- 2 loose tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 3 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place cucumber and mint into blender. Puree.
- Into a medium bowl add: sugar, puree and olive oil.
- Stir until combined. NOTE: if you prefer mixture more firm add additional sugar.
- Divide mixture between desired air tight storage containers.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- You can leave the peel on cucumber or remove it.
- If you prefer a more textured scrub add additional sugar until your scrub is to your desired consistency.
- Refrigerate scrub to keep fresh.
- You can substitute grape seed oil for olive oil.
- This recipe yielded 3 jars of scrub or 2 1/4 cups.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
Weck 760 Mini Mold Jar, 5.4 Ounce - 12 Jars
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender with FourSide Jar (75oz volume/32 oz Wet/Dry Fillable), Professional-Grade Power, 6 Pre-programmed Cycles, 10-speeds, Black
Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red
OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
Weck 762 Tulip Jelly Jar, SET of 6