Simple Summer Pesto Pasta. Quick, easy and delicious. Perfect to enjoy all summer long.
There’s nothing better than going to my deck garden and plucking fresh ingredients and taking them inside to
snack on, cook with. Okay maybe if my garden was in the Northern country side of Italy but anyhoo you get the idea. My smaller tomato plants are starting to burst at the seams.
If you have 10 minutes you can make this simple. refreshing perfect for summer plate of pasta. Okay bowl, I always use a bowl for pasta, I can’t bring myself to eat it on a plate, it goes everywhere. Not for me, pass me a bowl please. You’re going to cook the pasta just shy of al-dente.
Don’t worry you won’t crack a tooth or anything like that, it will finish cooking in the pan. Any short pasta will do really, we used pipette today, which reminds me of plumbing (pipes and all that jazz.), They’re the perfect shape for hiding copious amounts of the PESTO sauce inside the pasta so it bursts in your mouth when you bite into it.
I don’t know about you but that makes me happy happy happy.
MORE DELICIOUS PASTA RECIPES TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by my pesto pasta recipe, you’ll love these other tasty pasta recipes:
- CREAMY SHELLS with peas and bacon
- Bucatini with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- Spaghetti with Butter Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Spaghetti with Sweet Potato and Tomato Sauce
- Sausage Ragu with Pappardelle
Simple Summer Pesto Pasta
Simple Summer Pesto Pasta
- 1 pound pipette pasta
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 6 ounces Roma or cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- 6-8 fresh mozzarella medallions (or small balls)
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- Place generously salted pot of water onto boil. When boiling, add pasta and cook just shy of al-dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water prior to draining. Drain.
- Into a large saute pan add oil and garlic. Heat over medium heat. Add tomatoes, season with salt and cook for one minute. Add pesto, reserved pasta water and pasta. Mix to combine. Add mozzarella.
- Garnish with pine nuts and basil.
It makes our day when you recreate any of our recipes. If you do, please consider leaving a star rating on this recipe, take a photo and TAG me on Instagram with #bellalimento.
We would love to see them!
And make sure you follow bell’alimento on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook, too!
Tieghan Gerard says
This is one of my all time favorite pastas! I love it! So pretty!
This looks so pretty and tasty! I love it! Perfect summer dish!
Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain says
So gorgeous! I want to dive head first into this bowl of deliciousness!
Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective says
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says
Pesto makes my world go round. LOVE it! And this recipe, of course 🙂
Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste says
Yum times a million! Love all those fresh summer flavors!
I need this for dinner tonight.
Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles says
Mmmm…this would make me happy happy happy, too! Gorgeous!
Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen says
So fresh and great for the screaming hot weather we’ve been having.
Tara @ Unsophisticook says
Easy pasta recipes like this are perfect for summer!
I’m such a slacker this summer, haven’t made any pesto 🙁 I don’t really know what’s happening in the backyard with my basil!! LOL
This looks like the perfect summer pasta, love it!
Pesto pasta! You’re making me hungry lady!