Strawberry Basil Agua Fresca is a simple and refreshing summer sipper.
So fresh and so clean. That’s what comes to mind when I think of Agua Frescas. Wonder if OutKast thinks of these things? Probably not. They should though. They’re most definitely fresh and clean and perfect for the dog days of summer.
No need to rely on those watered down drinks when you can make your own. Any fresh fruit is game so your options are limitless.
For me, strawberries are an easy choice. Not much prep work to put in them. You pluck off the tops and chunk them in the blender. Not that watermelon or cantaloupe wouldn’t be awesome sauce, but those just take a little more work and it’s hot you know so STRAWBERRIES it is.
Your blender (or food processor) literally does all the work here. Go ahead and get your glass of ice ready while it’s whirling away. That’s about all the heavy lifting you’ll be doing. These are great for afternoon sipping or evening sipping if you add a little jiggle juice.
Strawberry Basil Agua Fresca, it’s a good thing. Just do it.
It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #bellalimento
- 4 cups Fresh strawberries – stems removed
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh basil (additional for garnish if desired)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 cups cold water
- Place strawberries and sugar and basil into a blender and pulse until pureed.
- Add lime juice and water. Pulse to combine.
- Divide mixture between glasses. Garnish with additional basil if desired.