Cardamom Panna Cotta with Honeyed Figs is an easy elegant dessert that can be made in advance.
I get really excited when I see figs in the market. Practically giddy. Okay completely giddy. Since they’re only available for a short time I load up when I find them. With the first score of the season I always make FIG PRESERVES. This way we have them to tide us over until next season. This year I even planted a fig tree. I’m praying it makes it through winter and eventually will produce fruit. If not I may cry. Luckily I will be crying with fig preserves in hand if so. Silver lining people.
Then I can do fun things with the rest of the figs like top cardamom panna cotta with them and drizzle gobs of luscious honey on top. Yes those type of things. Good things. Things that you should do too.
Cardamom. Panna Cotta. Figs. Honey. You want this.
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #Bellalimento
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Cardamom
- .25 ounce packet gelatin
- 3 tablespoons COLD water
- 4 figs - quartered
- Into a heavy bottom pan add: cream and sugar. Heat over medium heat whisking until well combined. Allow to cook until bubbles start to form around the edges just prior to boiling.
- WHILE cream is cooking. Into a small ramekin add cold water and sprinkle gelatin packet on top. Set aside.
- Remove from heat add vanilla extract, cardamom and firm gelatin mixture. Whisk until well combined.
- Equally divide mixture between 4 - 7.4 ounce jars. Transfer to refrigerator to set up for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Prior to serving, drizzle with honey and top with figs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.