Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’m gearing up for back to school. It’s in 11 days (not that I’m counting or anything. Totally counting who am I kidding). During the school year I bake A LOT of cookies. Not everyday because honestly I’m not June Cleaver, I don’t even look good in an apron and Bobby pins hurt my head. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I TRY to have homemade cookies for the kids at least once a week. Nothing like seeing their faces light up when they walk in from school, drop their bags, shoes and everything else on the floor, sigh, and see a tiered tray of cookies waiting on them. Serious Mom bonus points I tell you, and I can use all that I can get.
I typically keep apples on our Anmut 3 Tier Server that stays on on kitchen counter. It’s a beauty that I was gifted from Villeroy & Boch. It’s sleek (clean lines), sophisticated (classic) and casual (versatile) all at the same time. On special days, it holds sweet treats like these brown butter chocolate chip (so good you won’t want to share) cookies. It’s a workhorse of a stand and perfect for entertaining as well. Appetizers anyone? I like pieces that are mulch-functional. I don’t really have room for one use wonders. I need extra space in my cabinets for things like 10 different versions of salt, 20 different types of pastas. Everyone has that much in their pantry right?
Our favorite cookie was classic chocolate chip, that is until we decided to swap out regular butter for BROWN BUTTER. Now we don’t even know who regular Bob the butter is, we only acknowledge BROWN BUTTER. Once you make the switch you’ll understand and if you’d like to mail me shoes as a thank you I wear a size 9. Just in case. No pressure or anything. Ehem.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Villeroy & Boch. I was provided with the sample shown. I was not compensated for this post. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals dark brown sugar - packed
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- fleur de sel to garnish - optional
- Into a heavy bottom sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Continue cooking until butter turns brown. Stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Into a large bowl: mix: flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Into your stand mixer add: butter and sugar. Mix until combined. Add eggs, vanilla and continue mixing.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to refrigerator to set for minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough balls onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with silicon, parchment or spray with non-stick spray. Leaving space between each for spreading.
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pan for a minute and then transfer to a wire rack. Garnish with fleur de sel if desired.