Posted by https://bellalimento.com/2013/09/29/homemade-chicken-stock/
© 2013 bell' alimento. All rights reserved.
- 1 chicken carcass (bones and skin)
- 1 large onion - quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 large carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper corns
- 2 bay leaves
- Place all ingredients into a stock pot. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for approximately 4 hours. Skim off foam as necessary.
- Discard bones, remnants and strain stock.
- Transfer to jars and allow to cool. Store in refrigerator if using immediately or freeze for later use.