Asparagus is one of my most favorite vegetables. Not the mushy ones that come in a can mind you, we’re talking fresh asparagus here. I love it every which way and up. Roasted, shaved, sauteed, pureed and absolutely grilled. It’s a quick, easy and effortless side dish that goes with just about anything you’d like to serve. Honestly I’m totally okay with eating it as a meal I love it that much but that’s just me. I’m cooky like that.
A quick trim of the ends and a roll in liquid gold and brown sugar and you’re on to way to smoky caramelized stalks that will be the talk of the dinner plate. There’s a good chance your main course is going to be jealous. You might not think that sugar is a natural pairing but it works. Sugar is the secret to caramelized savory goodness. Toasted pecans and shaved Parmesan round out this dish that you’re sure to be making for meal after meal.
Grab your spears and head over to Dixie Crystals website to grab our recipe.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus - trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Parmesan for shaving
- For recipe INSTRUCTIONS visit DIXIE CRYSTALS WEBSITE .
- Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible 20" x 10.44" Grill/Griddle Pan with Easy-Grip Handles, 10.5" x 20"
- Lodge 6.5 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Extra Small Cast Iron Skillet for Stovetop, Oven, or Camp Cooking
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.