Ever wanted to learn how to make homemade almond milk? It’s easier than you may think! We’ll show you exactly how with just two simple ingredients! You may never want to purchase store bought again once you’ve made your own.
Almond milk is surprisingly simple to make at home. If you can soak, strain and blend you’re golden. That’s really all there is to it. Besides being so fresh and so clean you tailor it to your taste buds.
Want your almond milk unsweetened. Rock on, leave it be after straining. Want it sweet (raising my hand) add the sweetness that’s right for you. Want vanilla almond milk? You guessed it, add pure vanilla extract. Ready to make your own? Grab a bag of raw almonds and let’s get to milking.
How To Make Almond Milk.
When I want a batch of homemade almond milk I start the night before. The magic begins with raw unsalted almonds. Chuck the almonds into a bowl and cover them with cold water. Now just forget them until the next morning. Hard right?
When you wake up you’ll have nice plump almonds (which kind of look like shelled boiled peanuts).
I’m from Georgia we love our hot boiled peanuts what can I tell you other than apparently now I’m craving hot boiled peanuts). You give the plump pretties a nice cold shower and then into the blender they go.
More water and a lot of whirling and then it’s time to put the squeeze on them. You’ll need cheese cloth or a nut bag for this portion of the show. I find that cheese cloth can be a little tricky (read messy – or maybe that’s just me I’m not the most graceful person on the planet. Shocking I know.) so if you can get your hands on a nut bag that’s much easier.
Anyone else have sometimes I feel like a nut stuck in their head?
MORE DELICIOUS ALMOND RECIPES TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by this almond milk recipe, you’ll love these other recipes:
- SPICY DARK CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO ROASTED ALMONDS
- PINE CONE SHAPED HOLIDAY CHEESE BALL
- HOW TO MAKE ALMOND PRALINES
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 4 cups filtered cold water
- Place almonds into a bowl. Pour enough water to cover almonds. Set aside for 8 - 12 hours to allow almonds to plump.
- Strain almonds and rinse under cold water.
- Place almonds into blender. Add 4 cups water. Pulse to combine. Blend for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Strain liquid into container using cheese cloth (or nut bag). Twist and squeeze cheese cloth until you have extracted as much liquid as possible. Discard pulp or save for another use.
- OPTIONAL: To sweeten almond milk, transfer milk to rinsed blender and add sweetener of choice to taste. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer almond milk to glass container with lid and store in refrigerator. Almond milk will last 3-4 days in refrigerator.
- Gently shake container prior to serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender with FourSide Jar (75oz volume/32 oz Wet/Dry Fillable), Professional-Grade Power, 6 Pre-programmed Cycles, 10-speeds, Black
Weck 766 Juice Jars, 35.9 Ounce - Set of 3
Pro Quality Nut Milk Bag - Big 12"X12" Commercial Grade - Reusable Almond Milk Bag & All Purpose Food Strainer - Fine Mesh Nylon Cheesecloth & Cold Brew Coffee Filter - Free Recipes & Videos (1)
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Whole Raw Almonds, 48 Ounce
Pure Grade 50 100% Unbleached Cotton Cheesecloth Strain, 2 Yards (18 Sq Feet)
We would love to see them!