I think spring made a guest appearance and then summer blazed in and sent her two stepping. Blazing as in it’s already been in the 90’s in my neck of the Southern woods. Which means, if there isn’t rain coming down, my rag top is down, shades are on and my crazy convertible hair (how do “those” girls keep perfect convertible hair anyway?) is flying all over the place.
When I get home I’m always looking for something COLD to enjoy. Like a granita. A caffeinated coffee granita tops that list. What’a granita you ask? It’s pretty much an adult version of a sno-cone. They’re super easy to make and that gives you an excuse (as if we need one) to enjoy coffee without the heat.
As a crazed coffee lover I’m all about spreading the coffee love every which way I can. Our coffee of choice? Lavazza! Lavazza has been around for 100 years and is Italy’s #1 brand of coffee. We’re thrilled to be a Lavazza Passionista and hope you’ll consider (if you haven’t already) trying out one of their four specialty drip coffee blends – Gran Aroma, Classico, Gran Selezions and Perfetto.
You can make the granitas up in the morning and they’ll be ready for you when your mid afternoon evening craving kicks in. Just be sure you sweeten the coffee while it’s hot so that it combines. If you like yours sweeter add more sugar, like yours less sweet (who are you) then pull back. It’s all up to you. Matter of fact, if you’d like to booze it up a splash of Bailey’s on here is also faboosh.
You can explore more about Lavazza by visiting www.shoplavazza.com
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Lavazza. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 2 cups Lavazza coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix sugar with coffee while hot. Set aside to cool.
- Add vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Pour coffee into a glass or metal (not non-stick because you'll be scraping) loaf pan.
- Transfer to freezer for approximately 1 hour.
- Using the tines of a fork scrape mixture. Return to freezer.
- Continue scraping every hour until mixture is in snow like consistency.
- Weck 760 Mini Mold Jar, 5.4 Ounce - 12 Jars
- OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
- Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red
- Pyrex 1.5-Quart Clear Basics Glass Loaf Pan (Set of 2)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.