Chilled Spicy Tomato Soup Shots
I’m an all year round soup girl. I love it in all it’s glorious forms. Clear, Creamy, Chowdery (is that even a category well it is now) and most definitely Chilled. While it’s not your usual run of the mill hot soup don’t let the cold nature of these stop you from giving these a go. They’re super refreshing, and perfect for sipping all summer long. If you can work a blender you can make this recipe.
This soup is my second recipe for our Tabasco 10 Ingredient Challenge which is happening every day this week. The Tabasco gives this soup a good kick in the proverbial pants. Everyone needs one of those every now and again. Ehem some more than others. Feel free to adjust the heat level to your liking. It’s your soup shooter. Do what you like.
These can be made well ahead of serving time which makes them perfect for summer parties or just because you like soup as much as I do. If you don’t want to inhale 4 glasses of these feel free to use a cup or bowl (I know I have).
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Tabasco. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt
- Place tomatoes, basil, cilantro,and olive oil, Tabasco and vinegar into blender. Pulse until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add water until desired consistency.
- Transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Garnish with additional fresh herbs prior to serving if desired.