Mango Avocado Tuna Stacks
As I’m sitting here looking out my window and seeing a BLANKET of WHITE (yes we’re having yet another snow day here), I’m dreaming about warmer weather and quick, simple and flavorful foods. Had I known that my kids would have been out of school for yes count them TWO weeks because of said weather we might have planned a vacation to someplace tropical where I’m certain we would have been able to nosh on things like this Mango Avocado Tuna stack.
Since that didn’t happen I can always pretend I’m off to warmer weather and make these myself. If I close my eyes and sit in front of the fireplace it “almost” feels like it.
This mango avocado tuna stack is perfect as an appetizer or light lunch. While the mango and avocado are refreshing and compliment the tuna, Genova Tonno is the star of this dish. Genova® is premium tuna packed in the purest olive oil, chosen by food lovers for its distinctive Mediterranean taste and texture. This means it’s available year round and you can always have it at the ready in your pantry. Win. Win. Here’s why Genova Tonno is simply better tuna:
- Premium Yellowfin – High quality, savory, Yellowfin tuna, prized for its culinary qualities
- Superior Solid Tuna – Premium fillets are hand-selected to deliver superb bite and texture
- Certified Wild-Caught – Ensuring our tuna supply is safe and sustainable
- All Natural -Naturally high in protein. Natural source of Omega-3. Naturally Gluten-Free.
- Mediterranean Tradition- Packed in pure olive oil, with no additives or preservatives.
- Convenient Packaging – Available now in 3-, 5-ounce cans and four packs of 5-, 7-ounce cans. All our cans are BPA-free.
The hardest part of this recipe is the prep work. Especially if you’re prone to eat half of the mango and avocado while you’re making it like I am. Once you have all your ingredients sliced and diced it comes together quickly. Each layer is seasoned to perfection and they all work together like they were made for each other.
Stacks are pretty sexy and are bound to impress your dining mates BUT if you’re not feeling like stacking it’s just as good in a bowl. Options you know we love them. Know what else we love? To GIVE AWAY stuff.
Today dear friends you’re in for a treat, the fine folks at GENOVA are giving away not one but TWO of these gorgeous gift baskets that are worth $200 each but remember you’re can’t win it if you’re not in it.
EDITED TO ADD: Thank you for your entries. Contest has ended. Winners have been. notified via email.
TWO MEDITERRANEAN GIFT BASKETS (ERV $200 each) which include: o “Mediterranean Cooking” Cookbook by Pamela Clark
o Olivewood Serving Board from Sur La Table
o Genova Tonno
o Other Mediterranean pairings (tapenade, wine, cheese, etc.) NOTE: You MUST BE 21 years of age or older to enter.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Genova. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 mango - diced
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro - chopped
- juice of 2 limes - divided
- 1 shallot - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt/pepper
- 1 large avocado - diced
- 5 ounces Genova Tonno - drained
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
What To Do:
- Into a bowl add: mango, garlic, cilantro, juice from 1 lime, shallot, red pepper flakes. Mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Into a separate bowl add: avocado, juice from remaining lime. Mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Into a third bowl add: tuna, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- To assemble: Place pastry mold on top of serving plate. Spoon mango mixture into bottom. Press down slightly to form first layer. Top with avocado and gently press down. Finish with tuna layer. Carefully pull mold upwards.
- Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.