Sausage Apple and Herb Stuffing. A sensational side dish!
We’re down to a week before Thanksgiving. I’m not sure where this year has gone. It’s Thanksgiving y’all. Insert slight panic attack. I’d like to re-wind to spring but we all know that can’t happen. SO I guess I’ll get myself pulled together and start prepping for Thanksgiving. We all know that the Turkey is the main man of the big bust your pants open day but I’m all about that stuffing y’all. True story. Carbs have my heart. Always will.
This is a super simple yet flavorful stuffing recipe that compliments turkey nicely. Even better, it comes together quickly on the stove top and then you’ll just pop it into the oven to bake the half an hour away. Easy peasy, just the way we like our side dishes.
Want MORE THANKSGIVING RECIPES?
Check out our FAVORITE RECIPES FOR YOUR THANKSGIVING TABLE post.
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter - divided
- 1 onion - minced
- 1 stalk celery - minced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage - minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces toasted bread cubes
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and cubed
- fresh flat leaf parsley - to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Set aside.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Stirring as necessary. Transfer sausage to a bowl and set aside. Discard any drippings.
- Add remaining butter to skillet and heat over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until softened. Season with salt, pepper and sage.
- Add chicken broth and heat through. Add bread cubes and apple. Mix to combine.
- Transfer to buttered dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Remove foil and cook additional 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley.
We would love to see them!