This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own. Did you know that using mayonnaise to prep your Thanksgiving turkey will result in a juicy and succulent roasted turkey worthy of your Thanksgiving table? We’ll show you how easy and delicious a perfectly cooked turkey can be when you use Hellmann’s Organic Mayonnaise.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we all know the star of the day is the TURKEY. It can be daunting when considering how to prepare a turkey. There are SO many ways you could prepare your holiday turkey. Roasted, Fried, Stuffed, Brined, Bacon Wrapped or even BBQ’d.
What do they all have in common? Trying to get the juiciest turkey. We’ve got something different for you to consider this year. Mayonnaise Herb Roasted Turkey. Yes, we said mayonnaise.
What is the best way to cook a moist turkey?
We’re using Hellmann’s Organic Mayonnaise, to get our turkey moist. Great news, you can now find Hellmann’s Organic at Whole Foods. Did you know that Hellmann’s Organic Mayonnaise is gluten free and made with only the finest organic ingredients, like organic cage-free eggs & organic expeller-pressed oil. All good things!
Plus Hellmann’s Organic Mayonnaise contains no artificial flavors or preservatives. Making it versatile enough to be used in a variety of recipes.
How do you cook a turkey with mayonnaise?
Mix mayonnaise with powdered bouillon and herbs. Carefully loosen skin on turkey (I find this easiest to do with a long tea spoon, inserted with spoon upside down) and evenly spread 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture under skin. Gently massaging so it distributes evenly.
Rub remaining mayonnaise mixture on exterior of the turkey.
How do you get crispy skin on roast turkey?
Coating the skin of the turkey with the mayonnaise mixture results in a crispy skin when roasting is complete.
- 10 pound fresh whole turkey OR frozen whole turkey - thawed
- 1 cup Hellmann’s® Organic Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-natural chicken flavored bouillon
- 1 large shallot or onion - minced
- 2 tablespoons mixture fresh sage and thyme leaves
- Remove turkey from refrigerator an hour prior to baking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Remove giblets from turkey cavities and rinse turkey inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Combine Hellmann’s® Organic Real Mayonnaise, bouillon, shallot and herbs in medium bowl. Set aside. Starting at neck opening, gently loosen skin on turkey and evenly spread 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture under skin. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Arrange turkey, breast side up, in large shallow roasting pan with rack.
- Rub remaining mayonnaise mixture over outside of turkey.
- Tent turkey with heavy-duty aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Decrease oven temperature to 350° and roast turkey 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove foil and continue roasting, about 30 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices, until thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 165°and skin is browned and crispy.
- Let turkey stand covered loosely with foil 20 minutes before carving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
DELICIOUS SIDES TO TRY:
If you’re feeling inspired by my roasted turkey recipe, you’ll love these sides to go with:
We would love to see them!