Savory Baked Brie with Crispy Mushrooms.
Not all baked bries are sweet y’all. If you’ve never had a savory baked brie you’re in for a treat. This one is SENSATIONAL, if I do say so myself. I’ve made it no less than 4 times already this week. That should give you some idea of how obsessed I am with this recipe. I think it’s the perfect holiday appetizer for anything from Thanksgiving to New Years Eve or who am I kidding, just because you want some melty cheese goodness topped with a smattering of crispy mushrooms for lunch, brunch, dinner or snack time. Research people, the things I do for y’all.
Did I mention it’s ridiculously easy? It is. The most important thing you’ll want to remember it to take your brie wheel out about 30 minutes prior to bake time. This let’s it come to room temperature. While that’s sitting out doing it’s thing, you can make the mushroom topping. Guess what? You could even make the mushroom topping the day before and just heat it through again. I KNOW. It doesn’t get much easier for entertaining or eating.
I’ve also made this using both fresh and dried thyme instead of rosemary and loved it as well, so if you fancy something different than rosemary by all means go herb crazy and change things up.
Now besides eating this with just a spoon (research people and yes I’ve done just that) I like to serve this with toasted baguette slices, because bread. Who doesn’t love cheese and carbs. If you’re abstaining from carbs (it happens and I’m sorry) it’s also great with sliced salami. Obsessed. Or back to the spoon, totally acceptable, at least in my house.
Ready to make one, two or three and invite me over? It would be rude not to you know.
Disclaimer: I am a recipe developer for The Mushroom Channel. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 6 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms
- kosher salt/black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 8 ounces brie
- toasted baguette - sliced
- Take brie out of refrigerator and place on counter approximately 30 minutes PRIOR to baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Into a small saute pan heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for approximately 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper and rosemary. Stir and cook until mushrooms begin to brown (crisp). Take off of heat.
- Place brie into a small skillet and bake for 10-12 minutes until warmed through and softened.
- To serve: Place brie onto serving platter. Top with mushrooms and serve with toasted baguette slices.
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
- Lodge 6.5 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Extra Small Cast Iron Skillet for Stovetop, Oven, or Camp Cooking
- Amco Stainless Steel Spreader, Set of 4
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g