A Southern staple, Pecan Pie, just came of age. Bourbon Ginger Pecan Pie. It’s a very good thing. Top it with vanilla bean ice cream and a drizzle of pure maple syrup for even more oomph. It’s rich and buttery and overflowing with pecans.
Bourbon. Ginger. Pecan. Pie. I’ll let that sink in for a hot minute. Anytime I can throw a drink into my desserts I’m all for it! Tis THE dessert season and I, just like everyone else, will be baking and whipping up a storm of treats. Although, I’m still not sure who came up with the idea to make all the sweet, delicious, irresistible things during party season where we’re expected to wear cute little party dresses.
Must have been a guy who decided on that, or seriously skinny people. Both good contenders. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
I am a whiskey and bourbon girl. Served neat thank you. I also like it in my desserts. Like pie. Pecan Pie dripping with maple syrup, dark brown sugar, bourbon and ginger. It’s ridiculous, in the best possible way.
My Mom makes a mean pecan pie and I might have tweaked her recipe just a bit to include my favorite libation. We’re originally from Georgia so it only stands to reason.
How Do You Pronounce Pecan?
I am a Georgia Peach and Georgia is the purveyor of mighty fine pecans (I might have just dubbed it that, but let’s just go with it) it’s pronounced P-can. Please and thank you.
You can’t make this pie perfection without eggs either. Davidson’s Safest Choice eggs are my go to. There’s absolutely no worries on my end when I use them. I can dip my finger into the batter over and over again and enjoy it with a stupid smile on my face without any worries.
Love pecans as much as I do? Try:
BOOZY SMASHED SWEET POTATOES with MAPLE PECANS
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Safest Choice Eggs. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own.
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 cup dark brown sugar - packed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs - beaten
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pie crust into 9" pie pan. Prick dough using a fork. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- WHILE pie crust is baking. Into your stand mixer add; sugar, maple syrup. Mix to combine. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each one. Add bourbon, ginger, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour mixture into pre-baked pie crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pie is mostly set. Allow to come to room temperature and then transfer to refrigerator if not serving immediately.
Top with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Toast pecans first for additional flavor.
- KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
- Kirkland Signature Pecan Halves, 2 Pounds
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red
- Emile Henry Made In France HR Modern Classics Pie Dish, 9", White
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.