Chocolate Bourbon Bundt Cake
Y’all know I’m a bourbon girl. Have been since college and we’re not going to talk about how LONG ago that way. I was NEVER (meaning still to this day) able to drink beer. I just can’t. So while I had my nose in the books in college I met Jack and Jim and so my love affair with the amber liquid began. Our story is a long and loving one and they’ve since introduced me to more of their friends: Mark, Colonel Taylor, and a plethora of others. I’m a social butterfly what can I say.
I’ll throw whiskey into just about anything including CAKE. If you’re into chocolate and bourbon you’ll love this boozy bundtalicious beauty. It’s not only IN the cake it’s ON it too. We just can’t get enough of our WHISKEY CARAMEL SAUCE . We pronounce that care-a-mel around here and drizzle that on ALL the things as well. Including a spoon straight into our mouths. What? Like you’ve never done that. Pfft.
We also like the fact that we’re bringing back the bundt on this one. Grandma would be proud. I love bundt cakes. I mean they’ve already got the slice marks for you so you know exactly where to cut. HUGE help for those of us who are slicing challenged. Vintage, classic, whatever you call them, I call them GOOD. You can also lick the bowl on this batter with NO worries when you use Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. They are our go to eggs. Why? Davidson’s™ eggs are naturally pasteurized and eliminate the risk of Salmonella in recipes calling for raw or undercooked eggs. So go ahead lick the bowl, lick the beaters, lick the spoon and twirl yourself around the kitchen while you’re waiting on this baby to cook.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into medium bowl. Using electric or stand mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat until well blended, about 2 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture in 3 portions alternating with buttermilk in 2 portions, beating just until blended after each addition. Gradually add coffee and bourbon, beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan, removing any air bubbles. Bake cake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. Cool cake in pans on rack 10-15 minutes.
- Invert cake and drizzle with whiskey caramel sauce.