Mushroom and Cheese Stuffed JalapenosIt’s pigskin season. You know that game that’s plastered all over the television. The one where guys run around in tight pants, running into each other. The one that has all kinds of amazing fun finger foods served at parties. That one. I’m not a big fan of the actual game (gasp) but, hold on, I’m going to redeem myself. I’m a big fan of the FOOD that goes along with it.
Whether you’re off to the actual game and tailgating, or hosting a get together around your sectional you need FOOD. These little babies are bound to become a pigskin party favorite. Promise. Well maybe not promise, but they’re day-um good.
You can even make these babies in advance and then just pop them into the oven right before your frands come over to trash your house. I mean they won’t do it on purpose (lets hope not, otherwise you might should reconsider said friendship), but let’s face it, after a party it’s a bit of a mess. You should, at least, have a full stomach from consuming these poppers. So, silver lining.
Something to keep in mind: when you’re picking out your jalapenos at your market (or if you’re lucky enough from your own garden), you’ll want to get them as close in size as possible, this way when they’re baking away, bringing all that cheesy, shroom filled goodness to bubbly perfection the peppers will cook at the same rate. You won’t have some more tender than others. No one wants to bite into a hard jalapeno. Well unless they lost a bet. Then, eh, maybe.
Don’t forget the crispy prosciutto on top. Bacon makes everything better ; )
Grab your mushrooms and jalapenos and get to stuffing!
Disclaimer: I am a recipe developer for The Mushroom Channel. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 12 jalapenos, halved, seeds removed
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar
- kosher salt/black pepper
- 2 slices prosciutto, crisped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Place jalapeno halves on top. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl combine: mushrooms, cream cheese, cheddar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop mushroom mixture into jalapeno halves. Bake for 20-25 minutes OR until cheese is bubbly and jalapenos have softened.
- Garnish with prosciutto and chives.
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- OXO Good Grips Small Cookie Scoop
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g