If you’ve never had Chilaquiles you’re in for a treat. They’re fun to say and fun to EAT. Chilaquiles (see I can’t stop myself from saying it already) are basically crisp tortillas tossed in a sauce (we’ve gone green here – salsa verde) and are topped with cheese and eggs. Because hello we’ll put an egg on all the things won’t we. It’s ultimate breakfast comfort food but honestly I could eat this for any meal of the day. If you follow me on INSTAGRAM. (y’all do right?) you’ve seen that we’ve been sharing #CACIQUEHOWTO all week with step by step photos.
There are 5 simple steps to making Chilaquiles.
1. Make SALSA VERDE. Fresh salsa couldn’t be easier to make. Peel and cut your tomatillos and pop them into the oven for roasting. This takes about 10 minutes tops. Then you’ll chuck the roasted tomatillos into the blender along with cilantro, lime juice, jalapenos, salt and a little onion. Once everyone is in the party room, you’ll give it a nice pulsing and you’ve got your salsa verde. Simple right?
2. Fry your TORTILLA CHIPS. We’ve cut fresh tortillas into 4 equal portions and fried them to golden perfection. Once you’ve had freshly fried tortilla chips you’ll be hard pressed to eat the ones in the bag again.
3. Organize TOPPINGS. Grab your CACIQUE queso fresco and give it a little crumble. Also great to have is CACIQUE Crema Mexicana Table Cream. I’m going to slather that on all the things. I like a little extra cilantro because I’m obsessed.
4. Fry EGGS. I like mine slightly runny. Fry them up as you wish.
5. ASSEMBLE. Plate the tortillas, top with crumbled queso fresco, the fried egg, a drizzle of crema and a nice sprinkling of cilantro.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Cacique. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.