White Wine Braised Carrots.
I love carrots. Always have. Whether they’re raw (dipped in ranch, cause RANCH), sauteed, braised or baked in the form of CARROT CAKE. What? There’s carrots in that cake, hence the name. I happen to also love it when a dish requires little to no dishes. Dishes are a thorn in my side and something I do a lot of, job hazard. Doesn’t mean I have to like it.
These white wine braised carrots are baked in a tinfoil pouch. IF you seal it like a champ it won’t even leak onto the rimmed baking sheet so you’ll have ZERO dishes. I can’t properly tell you how giddy tinfoil pouch cooking makes me. What I can tell you is I will do a little kitchen cooking dance when it happens though.
I actually went through a tinfoil cooking phase where I tried to cook everything in tinfoil pouches. It was glorious while it lasted. IF I was a camper (my friends and family are on the floor laughing at that one) I’d be an excellent campfire cook. I did a get a little burned out on it because you can only cook so many things in tinfoil pouches, and after eating a few recipes multiples times over a few weeks a girl just wants a steak or baked macaroni and cheese.
But now they’re back in my cooking repertoire and hopefully yours too!
Once everything is sealed up tightly, into the oven it goes to braise away. It comes out steaming with a gorgeous white wine butter sauce that’s peppered with cumin and thyme. It’s pretty divine.
Know what else is? That Ambrosia Maple cutting board in the photos. It’s handmade in ‘Merica by The Timbered Wolf. I use it just about everyday for chopping and serving, and if you follow me on Instagram (you do don’t you, please say we’re insta frands) you know it makes many appearances in my photos/stories. It’s obvious I’m quite fond of my one of a kind, unique boards.
Guess what? One of you lucky readers is going to WIN one as well. All you need to do is enter using the Rafflecopter widget below! GIVEAWAY:
1 –Ambrosia Maple Cutting Board (ERV $50) 13″ l x 12″ w
- 1 bunch fresh carrots (approximately 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 3 - 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Tear a 3' section of heavy duty aluminum foil. Fold in half.
- To one half place: carrots, cumin, butter, salt and pepper to taste and thyme.
- To create tinfoil pouch fold over and crimp sides leaving the top opening. Carefully pour in wine and seal.
- Place tinfoil pouch onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes OR until carrots are tender.
- Take caution when opening the tinfoil pouch as it will be steamy.
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g