Cinnamon Rolls with Whiskey Caramel Sauce.
I’m not sure I ever want to eat a regular cinnamon roll again. One bite into these incredibly delicious and oh so messy but worth it cinnamon rolls I knew. Okay, who am I kidding, I wouldn’t turn a regular cinnamon roll down BUT if I had a choice I’d definitely go for cinnamon rolls dripping in this whiskey caramel sauce. Every. Single. Time. Even with the added inconvenience of having to use a fork because hello sticky, still worth it. You could use your hands, if you happen to have a tub of wet wipes at the ready. Whatever works.
Y’all also know I’ll put my famous (in my head) Whiskey Caramel Sauce on just about anything. Putting the sauce on homemade cinnamon rolls was a great idea. A sticky idea, but that’s what a fork is for.
This isn’t going to be as quick as cracking open a can of cinnamon rolls and popping them into the oven. Nope. If you’re not feeling like the most patient person in the world (trust me I can relate) you can make these the night before and then just bake them the following day.
That said, there is nothing like homemade cinnamon rolls. They’re worth the extra effort. It’s not something I make all the time, sadly I’m not blessed with a metabolism that agrees with my sweet teeth. I reserve homemade cinnamon rolls for special occasions, or when you really need to eat your feelings. You know what I’m talking about.
These make 12 large cinnamon rolls. I know you think you’ll be able to eat a whole cake pan yourself. I thought so too, but I failed, I gave it my all and my all maxed out at two of these babies at a sitting. Not to say, I didn’t go back and re-heat them later. ‘Cause I did.
You can make the caramel sauce in advance as well. If you’re not feeling saucy you could omit the whiskey. It’s always a good idea to make a double batch. You’ll be surprised what you’ll drizzle that over.
Now when should I be over for breakfast/brunch so we can eat these together?
More Cinnamon Rolls to try —> NUTELLA FILLED CINNAMON ROLLS WITH CHERRY GLAZE
- 1 cup milk - warm
- 4 1/2 teaspoons rapid rise yeast (2 envelopes)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tablespoons butter - room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- whiskey caramel sauce
- Into a bowl add milk and yeast. Mix to combine. Set aside until frothy.
- Into mixing bowl add: sugar salt, and flour. Mix to combine. Pour in milk mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add oil, egg and vanilla. Mix to combine. Switch to dough hook and knead for approximately 5 minutes.
- IF dough seems to wet, add a small amount of flour at a time until it's pulling away from the sides of bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Lightly flour work surface. Turn dough onto surface and roll out with a lightly floured rolling pin until you have a large rectangle.
- Brush dough completely with softened butter.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture onto dough leaving a gap around the edges.
- Tightly roll the dough. Using a pastry cutter or very sharp knife cut into 12 equal portions. Transfer to cake pans.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes OR until golden.
- Drizzle with WHISKEY CARAMEL SAUCE. Serve warm.
- OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
- USA Pan Bakeware Round Cake Pan, 9 inch, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel, Set of 2
- OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush - Small
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g