Instant Pot Turtle Cheesecake. You need this in your life. If you don’t already have one, you’ll need a 7″ spring form pan to make this recipe. I tried 4 stores and couldn’t find that size locally so save yourself some time unless you live in a metropolis of bake ware stores and order it online. Gas is expensive. You’re welcome.
I have to admit, I have had my Instant Pot for over a year. I bought it on Black Friday because it was on a super sale and ERRYONE in the blogosphere was talking it up. I’ll admit, I was hesitant. Did I really NEED another gadget that would take up precious counter space. Would I even use it? Not to mention, the whole idea that pressure cooking kinda scared me.
To say that I love the Instant Pot would be an understatement. My only regret would be that I waited so long to get on the Instant Pot train. How long? I waited so long they’ve since had 4 new upgraded models come out. But all is well, mine is just peachy keen and it made this cheesecake that will make people want to kiss you.
A note, not covering the top of the pan with aluminum foil lead to my first attempt coming out with a soupy top and mushy crust. Not exactly what you want in a cheesecake. Cover the top and crimp the edges.
TIP: Make a makeshift aluminum foil sling to help you EASILY remove the cheesecake once it’s cooked. Simply fold a piece of tinfoil into a long rectangle long enough so that it fits underneath the springform pan and up the sides allowing you to lift it out of the Instant Pot.
Also make sure you let the steam release naturally. IF you release the steam manually the cheesecake will NOT be cooked. Be patient, you’ve come this far.
I’ll be sharing MORE Instant Pot recipes with y’all this year, in the meantime, a very basic recipe that you NEED in your Instant Pot cooking life is
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS IN THE INSTANT POT . You’ll be amazed how easily they peel!
- 3/4 cup crushed chocolate cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- whiskey caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Spray 7-inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Into a small bowl mix together crushed cookies and butter. Pour into prepared spring form pan.
- Press down and halfway up sides to create crust. Set aside.
- Into your stand mixer: beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add sour cream and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Pour filling into prepared pan. Gently tap pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Place aluminum foil around bottom of pan. Crimping to secure.
- Place a second sheet of aluminum foil on top of spring form pan. Crimping edges to seal.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the liner of the Instant Pot.
- Place rack that came with Instant Pot inside liner. Carefully place spring form pan onto rack.
- Secure lid onto Instant Pot.
- Set to manual pressure for 35 minutes and let the pressure release naturally.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from Instant Pot. Carefully remove aluminum foil.
- Allow cheesecake to cool for 1 hour on cooling rack.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for minimum of 4 hours.
- Top with whiskey caramel sauce and pecans prior to serving.
- Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer
- Nice-Components Springform Pan(7 Inch) /Cheesecake Pan/Leakproof Cake Pan Bakeware for Instant Pot 6 quart, Silicone Sealing Ring 6qt for Pressure Cooker Accessories
- KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
- PaperChef Natural Release Coated Non-Stick Culinary Parchment Paper, (1) 205 sq ft roll (15 in x 164 ft)
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- Kirkland Signature Pecan Halves, 2 Pounds
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
- OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.