Zucchini Noodles and Meatballs. A fresher alternative to traditional spaghetti and meatballs.
This post was sponsored by Green Giant as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I do love pasta, but, sometimes maybe because of dietary restrictions or maybe you just want something lighter you’re looking for a fresh alternative to pasta. We’ve got an alternative for you. Green Giant® Veggie Spirals are a new take on noodles. They’re 100% vegetables so they’re gluten free! Veggie Spirals have up to 90% fewer calories than pasta*, making them the perfect swap-in.
The veggie spirals come without any added sauce or seasoning so you can serve them exactly how you would like them. They’re perfect as an entrée, a side dish, or in soup.
Where can you find Veggie Spirals?
You can find a selection of veggie spirals in the freezer section of Walmart. I chose the Zucchini Veggie Spirals. I knew I wanted to re-create my spaghetti and meatballs using the veggie spirals.
How do you cook Veggie Spirals?
How do you cook the Zucchini Veggie Spirals? You can either cook them directly in the package via the microwave then drain OR you can saute them and cook until water evaporates. Zucchini naturally releases water during the cooking process so it will need to be drained (just like you would a traditional pasta) or pat dry with a paper towel.
I chose the microwave cooking process because it’s convenient AND y’all know how much I dislike extra dishes so any opportunity I can take to NOT use an extra pot/pan I’m taking it.
Zucchini Noodles and Meatballs.
To make these Zucchini Noodles and Meatballs I made my simple TOMATO SAUCE recipe and my favorite BAKED MEATBALLS to go with the cooked veggie spirals. Once everything was cooked, I simply tossed everything together, gave it a little sprinkling of Parmesan and got my twirl on.
You can connect with Green Giant on their social channels (plus there’s currently a coupon for the veggie spirals on their website and who doesn’t like to save money).
*varieties have 65 percent to 90 percent fewer calories per serving than the leading brand of spaghetti
- Prepare meatballs.
- Prepare tomato sauce while meatballs are baking.
- During last 10 minutes of meatball and sauce cooking, place bag of Green Giant Veggie Spirals in microwave and cook according to package directions. Drain thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Place drained veggie spirals into serving dish.
- Place baked meatballs into sauce pan. Toss to coat. Place desired amount of sauce and meatballs onto serving dish. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with parmesan prior to serving. if desired.
- Microplane Zester Grater made in USA stainless steel blade for zesting citrus and grating cheese - plastic handle - black
- Le Creuset of America Toughened NonStick Saucepan with Lid, 4 quart
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.