Keto Avocado Stuffed Chicken could just as easily be called guacamole chicken. Juicy chicken breasts filled with creamy avocado. Rolled, dunked then dredged in crushed pork rinds making it low carb and keto friendly. It’s all topped off with a creamy cheese sauce that brings the whole dish together. Easy enough for any weeknight meal and elegant enough for entertaining.
Keto Avocado Stuffed Chicken is what’s for dinner. It’s a low carb, avocado lovers dream dish. I give bonus points because you get to use the mallet and pound out the day’s frustrations, or you know, a mini arm workout, you decide. Giving extra meaning to winner winner chicken dinner if you ask me.
I’m one of those people that would live on an avocado farm if I could. I LOVE them. Ah to be able to have unlimited avocados every single day. Goals. When avocados are reasonably priced, because I’m not a Rockefeller, I buy as many as I can.
Then I need to be creative in the ways I use them, because I can only eat so many avocado toasts.
This recipe starts with just a few ingredients. Chicken breasts, avocado (they’re in the recipe title to be expected), lime juice, spices, eggs and the kicker … Pork Rinds!
Yes you read correctly. Pork rinds. They’re in place of breadcrumbs and they’re fantastic. If for some reason you have an aversion to using pork rinds, you could also go with a more traditional breading product.
I place my pork rinds into a small zip top bag and gently smash them until they’re roughly the size of breadcrumbs. You could also blitz them in a blender or food processor if you’re fancier or just like doing dishes. Y’all know my aversion to doing extra dishes. Just saying.
How To Make Keto Avocado Stuffed Chicken?
To create the chicken rolls, you’ll pound the chicken breasts thinly and spread a light layer of the mashed avocado onto the top. Roll each breast up and secure with toothpicks.
Dredge station to follow. Eggs in one bowl, Breading in the next.
Drop, Dip and roll. That’s all there is too it.
While the chicken is baking you can create a cheese sauce to drizzle on top or dip your chicken into. It’s optional but for me cheese is always a good thing.
Serve it with a side Caesar salad and maybe GRILLED ASPARAGUS !
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - pounded thin
- 1 ripe avocado - pitted
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 eggs - beaten
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- cheese sauce - optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a silicon mat onto a rimmed baking sheet OR spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Into a small bowl add avocado and mash until creamy. Add lime juice and season with salt. Set aside.
- Into a separate shallow bowl add eggs. Set aside.
- Into another separate shallow bowl add: pork rinds, chili powder cumin, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Equally divide avocado between chicken breasts. Spread into an even layer. Roll up and secure with tooth picks.
- Dip each chicken breast in eggs then into pork rind mixture. Coating on all sides. Transfer to baking sheet. Continue with remaining chicken.
- Spray the tops of chicken with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks prior to serving and top with cheese sauce if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.