Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Fat Bombs. These tasty low carb treats have just 5 ingredients.
Are you looking for a low carb treat to curb that sweet tooth? I was and these fat bombs definitely fit the bill. Just 5 ingredients are all you need. 4 if you decide you didn’t want to dip them in chocolate, but really? Peanut butter and chocolate are made for each other. We added a sprinkling of kosher salt before the chocolate set because we’re salty like that.
Fat bombs, it’s a horrible name I know, I didn’t make it up but that’s what they’re called so I’m sticking with it.
How to Make Fat Bombs?
You can make these peanut butter fat bombs using a fancy silicone candy mold, but if you don’t have one, no worries. I didn’t either. You can use a mini muffin tin, lined with mini muffin liners. SIDENOTE: be sure your mini muffin tin can comfortably fit into your freezer. Mine didn’t. I learned that after the fact. You’re welcome.
Because necessity is the mother of all invention, I solved my problem by using an ice cube tray. YES I have those because my ice maker is broken. Has been forever and I’ve gotten used to it. Sad but true.
I sprayed my ice cube tray with a little olive oil spray just to be sure they would pop right out and they did. You may not have that issue if you have silicone ice cube trays.
If you melt your peanut butter mixture in a large glass Pyrex measuring cup, the mixture will pour right out and that’s one less dish you’ll have to wash. Dishes, you know much I hate doing those.
Once poured into the trays, they’re transferred to the freezer for a quick freeze to set up. You’re almost there. Once set, you could absolutely eat them at that point but we’re extra so into a (sugar free) chocolate bath they go with a last minute garnish of kosher salt.
Want More Treats TRY our:
FLOURESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #HeyBellalimento
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Pure Blends avocado oil plant based butter
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 ounce sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- kosher salt - optional
- Into a medium microwaveable bowl add: peanut butter, 1/4 cup coconut oil, and avocado butter.
- Microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Mix to combine.
- Add honey. Mix to combine.
- Equally divide mixture into ice cube tray.
- Transfer to freezer for approximately 15 minutes OR until firm.
- Into a small microwaveable bowl add chocolate chips and remaining coconut oil.
- Melt in 30 second increments until melted. Mix to combine.
- Dip each fat bomb into chocolate. Transfer to a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle tops with kosher salt if desired.
- Return to freezer to set up for approxmiately 10-15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
1. If you do not have ice trays you can use a silicon candy mold OR a mini muffin tin lined with muffin liners.
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- Adoric Life 3 Pack Easy Release Silicone Ice Cube Trays with Spill-Resistant Lids, 14 Shaped Cubes Each with Cover, Flexible Rubber Ice Molds for Whisky, Cocktail, Bourbon, LFGB Certified & BPA Free
- Pyrex Prepware 8-cup Measuring Cup
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 109 Total Fat: 9.9 gramsg Carbohydrates: 4.2 gramsg Protein: 1.9 gramsg