Flourless Chocolate Cake with Nutella Frosting and crushed Pistachios. A rich and decadent brownie like cake. This simple recipe takes just 4 ingredients to make the cake portion and two additional ingredients for the topping.
If you love the rich fudgy interior of brownies, you’ll adore this flourless chocolate cake. I’m betting you won’t even miss the flour.
4 simple ingredients – that are probably already in your pantry and refrigerator, are all you need to whip up this decadent cake. You read that correctly, FOUR ingredients: chocolate chips, butter, eggs and sugar. All mixed together to make a decadent cake that will satisfy your chocolate cravings in about an hour time.
Nutella and pistachios round out the list to garnish the cake with. We are self-professed Nutella-holics BUT if that’s not your cup of tea, you can opt for a dusting of powdered sugar, ganache or even a dollop of whipped cream.
Not a pistachio fan? No problem, leave them off or substitute crushed hazelnuts which pair nicely with the Nutella frosting.
To frost the cake, we melt Nutella in the microwave (in a microwave safe bowl). Once it’s to the desired consistency we use an offset spatula and circle it around the top of the cake.
TIP: IF the Nutella isn’t melting to a spreadable consistency, simply add a teaspoon or two of coconut oil when melting to help it along.
NOTE: When the cake comes from the oven the top may have a cracked exterior. This is normal. I happen to love the texture that the crunchy top gives while giving way to the soft fudge like interior.
This flourless chocolate cake can be served warm or room temperature.
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make ANY of our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram —> #HeyBellalimento
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 eggs - separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute
- 4 tablespoons Nutella - melted
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed pistachios to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a large spring-form pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl add chocolate and butter. Place into microwave and use melt setting for amount of chips OR melt in 10 second increments. Stir to combine.
- When melted, mix in egg yolks one at a time, stirring after each one.
- WHILE chocolate is melting, into the bowl of your stand mixer add egg whites and whisk until you've achieved stiff peaks.
- Add sugar. Continue whisking until glossy. NOTE: If you do not have a stand mixer you can use a hand held mixer or whisk by hand.
- Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared spring form pan.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes OR until sides begin to pull away from pan and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Frost with melted Nutella and garnish with crushed pistachios.
- You can add 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil to help Nutella melt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hiware 9 Inch Non-stick Cheesecake Pan Springform Pan with Removable Bottom/Leakproof Cake Pan Bakeware with Cleaning Cloth
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red