Coconut Curry Chicken. This flavorful chicken dish comes together in about 30 minutes. We think heat is neat, but you can easily tailor the heat level to your taste by adjusting the amount of jalapenos and cayenne pepper.
Winner winner coconut curry chicken dinner. This chicken dinner has been on repeat. One taste and you’ll know why. Quick, easy and comforting. Did I mention customizable?
Wanna knock your socks off? Add more jalapenos and cayenne pepper. If you’re on the mild and not wild side simply cut back. From making the broth thinner or thicker just by cooking it longer, you’ve got options. Including what to serve it over.
What is a CURRY?
A curry uses a combination of spices or herbs, that usually include ground turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander, ginger, and fresh or dried chilies.
How To Cut and Remove Seeds From A Jalapeno?
Place the jalapeno on a cutting board. Remove and discard the stem. Carefully cut the jalapeno in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon scrape and remove seeds and membrane.
Should You Wear Gloves to Cut Jalapenos?
I do, and here is why. Capsaicin, which is located mostly on the inside of the pepper, is hard to wash off your hands and can burn and irritate your eyes, mouth, and nose if you touch them after touching a jalapeno.
What To Serve With Curry?
Chicken curry is typically served over jasmine or Basmati rice. No rice, no problem. You could also serve the coconut curry chicken over roasted halved potatoes or even with Naan bread.
What Is The Easiest Way To Peel Fresh Ginger?
Use the edge of a spoon to gently scrape away the skin.
Want more CHICKEN INSPO? Try …
It really makes our day when you make any of our recipes. IF you do please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #bellalimento we would love to see them.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipe’s Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce recipe.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 chicken breasts - fat trimmed, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 onion - finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 -2 jalapenos - seeds and membrane removed - minced
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk - shake prior to opening
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 10 large fresh basil leaves
- Into a small bowl add salt, pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and cayenne. Mix to combine.
- Add chicken to medium bowl. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken. Toss until chicken is completely coated with spices.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium- high heat. Add oil. When hot, add chicken and cook in batches until no longer pink. Stirring as necessary. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- To skillet add onion, garlic and jalapenos. Cook until softened, stirring as necessary.
- Add coconut milk and ginger. Mix to combine.
- Return chicken to skillet. Add basil.. Mix to combine.
- Continue cooking until coconut milk has warmed through.
You can substitute regular basil for Thai basil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.