Instant Pot Easy Indian Butter Chicken. We’ve taken our stove top butter chicken recipe and made it even EASIER by converting it to an Instant Pot recipe.
I’ve been reaching for my Instant Pot more and more lately. IF my recent Instagram story poll asking which recipes you all wanted to see more of are any indication y’all are reaching for your Instant Pots just as much. It was a 2/1 request for Instant Pot recipes to Air Fryer recipes if you’re curious.
If you or a friend doesn’t happen to have an Instant Pot and you would still like to make this, no worries, try our EASY INDIAN BUTTER CHICKEN stove top version instead. It still falls in the easy category and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
What is Garam Masala?
Garam Masala is a blend of spices that is used in Indian cooking. These days, you can typically find garam masala at the grocery store in the spice aisle. IF for some reason you can’t, good news, you can easily mix your own blend at home. Just give it a little google for the exact measurements.
My favorite part of this meal is the sauce. I’ve only used 2 average sized chicken breasts in this recipe which leaves room for extra sauce. I like to serve this over jasmine rice with a big handful of fresh cilantro and a side of naan bread. It’s got a light kick from the cayenne, which you can easily adjust up or down to tailor the heat level to your taste buds comfort zone.
Want more Instant Pot INSPO? TRY:
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #Bellalimento
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - diced
- 1 stick unsalted butter - divided
- 1/2 large onion - minced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- cilantro to garnish
- Place spices in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add chicken. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Into Instant Pot bowl add 1/2 butter. Set to SAUTE and melt.
- Add onion and garlic. Mix to combine. Cook until softened. Press OFF button.
- Add remaining butter and chicken. Pour tomato sauce over chicken.
- Securely place lid and set to SEALING. Press MANUAL button and set for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release. Carefully remove lid. Add heavy cream. Mix to combine.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
We recommend serving over jasmine rice or naan bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.