Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce is tender and delicious and so much easier than you may think. The secret? Marinade the steak overnight for an easy dinner option come cooking time.
Flank steak and CHIMICHURRI SAUCE were made for each other. Then again, I don’t think there’s much I wouldn’t put that magic green sauce on.
Flank steak is more often than not grilled. I do enjoy a good grilling but this go round, the flank steak went under the broiler. Yes I said broiler and it came out knock your socks off good.
What is the Difference Between Flank and Skirt Steak?
The main differences between flank and skirt steak comes down to flavor and texture/toughness. Skirt steak is tougher than flank steak, and skirt steak also has a more intense beef flavor.
Why Marinade Flank Steak?
Marinating flank steak helps to break down some of the tough fibers and produce a more tender meat. The steak should be marinated for a minimum of 4 hours and or up to 24 hours. I prefer to leave mine overnight when time permits.
A flank steak marinade typically includes some type of acid like vinegar, citrus or soy sauce. We’re using low sodium soy sauce for this recipe.
Why should you Slice Against the Grain?
The goal of slicing against the grain is to reduce the length of the muscle fibers. Some cuts of meats have fibers running in different directions which makes it hard to identify the grain.
To identify which direction the grain of meat runs,, look for the parallel lines of fiber running down the meat. Once you’ve found that, slice perpendicular to them.
MORE DELICIOUS BEEF TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by my flank steak recipe, you’ll love these other beefy recipes:
- SKILLET STEAK with SPRING VEGETABLES
AIR FRIED STEAK and ASPARAGUS BUNDLES
STEAK with MUSHROOMS and CHIANTI CARAMEL SAUCE
We would love to see them!
- 2 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-4 garlic cloves - crushed
- chimichurri sauce
- Place steak in a zip top bag. Add soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic. Seal bag.
- Massage bag so that marinade incorporates. Place bag onto a plate and transfer to refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours up to 24 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Spray top rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Shake excess marinade off of flank steak. Discard remaining marinade. Place flank steak on top of broiler pan.
- Broil steak for 4-6 minutes on each side depending on the doneness you prefer. Use a digital instant read thermometer to determine temperature.
- Allow steak to rest 5 minutes prior to slicing.
If you do not have a broiler pan, substitute a rimmed baking sheet and a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.