Skillet Steak with Spring Vegetables and creamy mustard vinaigrette. Tender sliced steak that sits atop a bed of spring peas and asparagus spears. A full meal that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
The obsession with cooking in skillets is real. Sorry, I’m not sorry. Hard to blame me when you get a meal like this skillet steak with spring vegetables. As the names implies, it’s all made in one skillet and is ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
If you’re looking for a new way to serve steak I hope you’ll give this a try. So fast and flavorful and perfect for Spring. You may not even miss the baked potato that you’d traditionally serve with steak.
Tender slices of ribeye steak sit a top of a bed of baby spring peas and thin asparagus spears. It’s all drizzled with a creamy Dijon vinaigrette.
Start with a smoking hot skillet. Sear the steak on both sides. I like my steak medium – rare so that’s 3 minutes on each side. IF you likes yours more or less, adjust the cooking time.
I chose a rib eye steak but you could substitute a sirloin steak.
Once it’s cooked to your preference, set the steak aside to REST. It’s so important to let meat rest before slicing. This way, the juices redistribute themselves and it makes for a juicier tastier bite of beef.
Into the same skillet go the peas and then the asparagus. Once tender, top with the sliced steak and drizzle on the creamy vinaigrette. Cooked and served all in one skillet in less than 30 minutes. You can’t beat that.
We’ve adapted this recipe slightly from our friends at Menud – the FREE curated meal planning app. We partnered with them recently to share this tasty one pan wonder recipe for —> ITALIAN SHEET PAN CHICKEN SUPPER.
It really makes our day when you make ANY of our recipes. IF you do, we’d love it if you would SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #HeyBellalimento.
Skillet Steak with Spring Vegetables
Skillet Steak with Spring Vegetables is an easy gluten free meal that's made entirely in a cast iron skillet.
- 1 pound Steak
- kosher salt/black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 scallions – sliced
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 bunch thin asparagus - trimmed
- Allow steak to come to room temperature. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Into a small bowl whisk together: mustard, vinegar, honey and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush steak with remaining oil.
- Place steak into hot skillet and sear for 3 minutes. Using tongs, flip and sear on reverse side for 3 minutes. Remove steak from skillet and allow steak to rest.
- Add butter to skillet. Add scallions and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add frozen peas and 1/4 cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Once peas have warmed, push them to one side of skillet.
- Add asparagus to other side. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and allow asparagus to steam until just tender.
- Prior to serving slice steak and place on top of peas and asparagus.
- Serve with mustard vinaigrette.
Time mentioned is for a medium - rare steak. If you prefer medium go 4 minutes on each side.
Recipe adapted from Menud.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
Lodge 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Pan for Stovetop of Oven Use
OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
OXO Good Grips 12-Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
This is a perfect spring dinner!
So easy too! Thanks Angie.
I love finding simple meals like this! It’s on next week’s menu!
My kinda meals too Jamie!
This is one perfect steak! Love it!
Thank you Anna. Hope you give it a go.
Chrissie Baker says
Woohoo! Can’t wait to try this (especially after another night of chewy and dry steak).This really looks like absolute perfection!
Thanks Chrissie! Hope y’all enjoy.
This looks delicious! I love spring vegetables, and your steak is perfect!
Thank you Bee. Aren’t spring veggies fantastic?
I’m somehow thinking about steak and eggs right now!! It’s cooked to perfection!
Oh an egg on top would be AMAZING!
So fresh and delicious! Yum!
Thank you Taylor.
Melanie Bauer says
Omg, this looks so delish and super easy to make! Everything I love in one place, need to try this!
Thank you. I hope you give it a go Melanie.
Robin S says
I made this last night for my family of four and it was one of their favorite meals in a long time! Can’t wait to make again because it was so darn easy!
So glad to hear that Robin. Thanks for sharing your results.