Are you looking for an impressive dessert that isn’t overly complicated to make? We’ve got you covered with this decadent dreamy Maple Bourbon Crème Brulee.
I am a sucker for desserts, I blame my sweet tooth, okay teeth. My favorite desserts are the ones that are short and sweet to pull together. I save the overly complicated desserts for ordering and enjoying at restaurants. Creme Brulee is a dessert that may seem like it would be persnickety but it’s actually a cinch to pull together. The hardest part will be waiting for it to cook and then cool. Plus, who doesn’t love a dessert where you get to (very carefully) use a kitchen torch?
WHAT IS CREME BRULEE?
Crème brûlée, also referred to as burned cream, burnt cream or Trinity cream, is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base that is topped with a layer of hardened caramelized sugar.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PANNA COTTA AND CREME BRULEE?
Although both are delicious, the main difference between PANNA COTTA and Crème brûlée is that Panna Cotta is a thickened mixture of sweet cream and gelatin which is typically poured in jars or molds and refrigerated until it sets. Crème brûlée is a true custard, made using egg yolks, that is served with a caramelized later of sugar on top.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE MAPLE BOURBON CREME BRULEE?
You’ll need the following KEY ingredients to make this crème brulee at home
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla bean
- egg yolks
- PURE maple syrup
- bourbon salt
- turbinado sugar – my sugar of choice is always Dixie Crystals. You may substitute granulated sugar if you do not have turbinado.
TIP: Did you know that you can make your own bourbon salt? You sure can. If you’re feeling like giving it a go you can find the INSTRUCTIONS HERE.
MORE INCREDIBLE DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY …
If you’re feeling inspired by this crème brulee recipe, you’ll love these other dessert recipes:
- COFFEE CARAMEL CREME BRULEE
- WHISKEY PANNA COTTA
- CHOCOLATE AMARETTO PANNA COTTA
- MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean - split down center.
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon bourbon salt
- turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Into a heavy bottom sauce pan heat cream and vanilla bean. Careful not to let it boil.
- Into a large mixing bowl whisk together egg yolks, maple syrup, bourbon and salt.
- Discard vanilla bean. Slowly TEMPER milk mixture into egg mixture. Mix until combined.
- Place ramekins into a deep sided baking pan. Pour mixture into ramekins, filling to almost top.
- CAREFULLY pour hot water AROUND ramekins until water is HALF WAY up side of ramekins.
- Bake until sides are set and middle is jiggly. Start checking around 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove ramekins from baking sheet (non-stick canning tongs are what I use) and transfer to a cooling rack. Set aside until cool.
- Transfer ramekins to a baking sheet. Cover with parchment paper and top with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for approximately 3-4 hours until chilled.
- Prior to serving, place a thin layer of sugar on tops of ramekins. Using a kitchen torch carefully torch sugar until golden. Allow to cool slightly prior to enjoying.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
yasheng Demitasse Espresso Mini 18/10 Stainless Steel Bistro Spoon 12.5 cm (4.9 Inch), Set of 6
Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
Culinary Blow Torch, Tintec Chef Cooking Torch Lighter, Butane Refillable, Flame Adjustable (MAX 2500°F) with Safety Lock for Cooking, BBQ, Baking, Brulee, Creme, DIY Soldering & more (Aluminum alloy)
BonJour Chef’s Tools Porcelain Creme Brûlee Ramekin Set, 4-Piece, White
We would love to see them!