Whiskey Panna Cotta. A 5 ingredient make ahead dessert that takes just 10 minutes of active cook time.
If you’ve been around my little corner of the internet for any length of time you know I have a wicked sweet tooth. You also know that I prefer to cook vs. bake. Quite the dilemma for a dessert lover. When there’s an opportunity for a low maintenance no fuss dessert that’s incredibly decadent and delicious I’m in. That dessert happens to be panna cotta, Italian for cooked cream.
It’s my go-to dessert. There are over a dozen panna cotta recipes on the site. So if whiskey isn’t your thing, I’m sure you can find another panna cotta recipe here to tempt your taste buds.
Panna cotta is so rich and creamy it’s hard to believe that it takes just 10 minutes of active cook time. A quick simmering in the pot and then into the jars the mixture goes.
I prefer to use small glass canning jars with lids. They make great individual portions. You could also use ramekins. Once the liquid is equally divided between the jars, let the mixture cool before placing into the refrigerator to set up. That will take 2-4 hours.
I like to make mine in the morning so they have plenty of time to set up. Since they’re made in advance they’re perfect for entertaining. The recipe can be easily doubled. You could also make the recipe the night before.
Now that you have them, you could eat them as is or drizzle with caramel sauce, or top with bourbon soaked cherries.
PS Y’all … It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do, please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #HeyBellalimento
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons COLD water
- 1 packet gelatin
- 3-4 tablespoons whiskey
- Into a heavy bottom saucepan heat: cream, sugar over medium heat.
Whisk until combined.
- WHILE cream is cooking, into a small ramekin add water. Sprinkle gelatin on top and allow to bloom.
- Whisk bloomed gelatin into cream mixture until dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Add whiskey. Mix to combine.
- Equally divide mixture between jars.
- Allow to come to room temperature and then transfer to refrigerator to chill until set. 2-4 hours.
- yasheng Demitasse Espresso Mini 18/10 Stainless Steel Bistro Spoon 12.5 cm (4.9 Inch), Set of 6
- Weck 760 Mini Mold Jar, 5.4 Ounce - 12 Jars
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.