If you’re nutty about Nutella, then you’ll flip for these Nutella Pancakes! Fluffy pancakes whisked with Nutella are topped with butter and pure maple syrup. Go ahead and put a fork in it. They’re impossible to resist!
Why Nutella and Pancakes Are a Winning Combination
I happen to LOVE Nutella. This will not come as a shock to many, as I attempt to put it in all the things.
Pancakes are a great canvas to mix in additional flavors, like Nutella. The creamy chocolate hazelnut spread whisks into the batter seamlessly and subtly flavors the fluffy stack of flapjacks.
These Nutella pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or brinner. Basically any and all times of the day. If you prefer your stack of flapjacks on the traditional side, butter and pure maple syrup will suffice. If you’re feeling a little extra, top your Nutella pancakes with fresh fruit like strawberries or bananas, a sprinkling of crushed hazelnuts, and a shower of powdered sugar. (Learn more below in my section titled “The Best Toppings for Nutella Pancakes“)
How Much Nutella Do You Add to the Pancake Batter?
You can customize the Nutella level as you see fit. I found 2-3 tablespoons mixed into the batter gave a nice, subtle Nutella flavor. But you’d like a stronger chocolate hazelnut flavor just add a little more Nutella. (I’d say an extra tablespoon or two, or even smear some on your pancakes after they’ve cooked.)
The Best Toppings for Your Pancakes
Pure maple syrup, butter, and a sprinkling of crushed hazelnuts are how I like my stack. Simple and delicious. But, like I mentioned above, you could add a sprinkling of powdered sugar, a slather of Nutella, and some fresh fruits like strawberries or bananas.
How about a pancake sandwich? Take two Nutella pancakes, add a light slather of Nutella on one pancake, top with fruit slices, top with remaining pancake to create a breakfast sandwich. (Cue Maui’s “You’re Welcome” song from Moana.)
How To Make the Best Homemade Nutella Pancakes
These Nutella pancakes make a delicious, special breakfast treat on the weekends. I like to keep a stash of homemade baking mix at the ready so I can have a short stack when the cravings hit. Because pancakes — especially Nutella pancakes — are always a good idea.
Learn how to make them via my recipe below, and enjoy!
- 2 cups homemade baking mix
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons Nutella
- Unsalted butter - optional
- Pure maple syrup - optional
- Into a large bowl add: baking mix, milk, egg, and Nutella. Mix until you have a thick batter consistency.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup of batter at a time. When bubbles appear around edges flip pancake.
- Continue cooking on other side for additional 1-2 minutes. Continue with remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with optional: butter, maple syrup, crushed hazelnuts.
Pancakes can also be topped with fresh strawberries, banana slices, powdered sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- GIR: Get It Right GIRFPM311BLK Premium Silicone Mini Flipper / Turner, Mini - 11 IN, Black
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- Lodge 10.5 Inch Cast Iron Griddle. Pre-seasoned Round Cast Iron Pan Perfect for Pancakes, Pizzas, and Quesadillas.
- OXO Good Grips Baker’s Dusting Wand for Sugar, Flour and Spices
More Recipes To Try
If you love my homemade Nutella pancakes, you’ll flip for these recipes:
- Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
- Gingerbread Pancakes with Sautéed Apples
- Banana Bread with Marscarpone and Cream Cheese Swirl
It makes our day when you recreate any of our recipes. If you do, please consider leaving a star rating on this recipe, take a photo and TAG me on Instagram with #bellalimento. We would love to see them!