If you’re nutty about Nutella you’ll flip for these Nutella Pancakes. Fluffy pancakes whisked with Nutella are topped with butter and pure maple syrup. Go ahead and put a fork in it. They’re almost impossible to resist.
I happen to LOVE Nutella. Not a shock to many, I will attempt to put it in all the things. Pancakes are a great canvas to mix in additional flavors. You guessed it, like Nutella. The creamy chocolate hazelnut spread whisks into the batter seamlessly and subtly flavors the fluffy stack of flapjacks.
Nutella Pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch or brinner. If you like your stack of flapjacks on the traditional side, butter and pure maple syrup will suffice. If you’re on the extra side, feel free to top your Nutella pancakes with fresh fruit (strawberries or bananas go well), a sprinkling of crushed hazelnuts, or even a shower of powdered sugar.
How much Nutella do you add to the pancake batter?
You can customize the Nutella level as you see fit. I found 2-3 tablespoons mixed into the batter gave a nice subtle Nutella flavor. If you’d like a stronger flavor just add a little more Nutella.
What do you top Nutella pancakes with?
Pure maple syrup, butter and a sprinkling of crushed hazelnuts are how I like my stack. You could add a sprinkling of powdered sugar, a slather of nutella, fresh fruits like strawberries or bananas.
How about a pancake sandwich? Take two Nutella pancakes, add a light slather of Nutella on one pancake, top with fruit slices, top with remaining pancake to create a breakfast sandwich. You’re welcome.
These Nutella pancakes make a wonderful special breakfast treat on the weekends.
I like to keep a stash of HOMEMADE BAKING MIX at the ready so I can have a short stack when the cravings hit. Because pancakes, especially Nutella pancakes, are a good thing.
- 2 cups homemade baking mix
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons Nutella
- unsalted butter - optional
- pure maple syrup - optional
- Into a large bowl add: baking mix, milk, egg and nutella. Mix until you have a thick batter consistency.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup of batter at a time. When bubbles appear around edges flip pancake.
- Continue cooking on other side for additional 1-2 minutes. Continue with remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with optional: butter, maple syrup, crushed hazelnuts.
Pancakes can also be topped with fresh strawberries, banana slices, powdered sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- GIR: Get It Right GIRFPM311BLK Premium Silicone Mini Flipper / Turner, Mini - 11 IN, Black
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- Lodge 10.5 Inch Cast Iron Griddle. Pre-seasoned Round Cast Iron Pan Perfect for Pancakes, Pizzas, and Quesadillas.
- OXO Good Grips Baker’s Dusting Wand for Sugar, Flour and Spices