Gingerbread Pancakes with Sautéed Apples are the winter breakfast dreams are made of. Soft and fluffy stacks of gingerbread spiced pancakes, topped with sautéed apples would make a wonderful holiday breakfast.
I’ll share a little secret with you, IF you could only make ONE pancake during this holiday season I would make it these. That’s a bold statement I know but after making these at least two dozen times over a month long tweaking and testing period I can tell you that they’re like eating gingerbread cookies for breakfast.
Your mind will be confused but your stomach will be ridiculously happy. And honestly who doesn’t want to eat cookies for breakfast some days. If not I’m not sure we can be friends.
Perfect for your Holiday Breakfast or Brunch.
These are fantastic dripping with pure maple syrup but to take it up a notch (it is the holidays and ehem calories don’t count this month) try adding cinnamon sauteed apples. Apples practically makes this health food. Surprisingly I can say that with a straight face. Okay almost a straight face. Either way you and your guests will flip for these gingerbread pancakes.
If you’re not a morning person like me (or if you’re incredibly organized and like to get a jump on things) you could even whip up the batter the night before and have it ready to add to the griddle the next morning. Options you know how much we like those.
These pancakes are nice and fluffy and have just the right amount of spice to them. Spice is oh so nice and let’s be honest, you can’t have that gingerbread flavor without it. These stacks are fantastic on their own dripping with maple syrup but they’re even better if you have the time to add the sautéed apples.
MORE DELICIOUS BREAFAST RECIPES TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by my gingerbread pancakes recipe, you’ll love these other breakfast recipes:
- Nutella Pancakes
- Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
- Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby
- Panettone French Toast
We would love to see them!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg -beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/4 cups water
- pure maple syrup
- Into a large bowl add: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, ginger, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In separate bowl add: egg, vanilla, molasses and water. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until combined.
- Heat a griddle pan that has been spray with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form around edges. Using a spatula, flip, and continue cooking other side until browned. Continue with remaining batter.
- Serve with optional butter, pure maple syrup and sautéed apples.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red
Lodge 10.5 Inch Cast Iron Griddle. Pre-seasoned Round Cast Iron Pan Perfect for Pancakes, Pizzas, and Quesadillas.
GIR: Get It Right GIRFPM311BLK Premium Silicone Mini Flipper / Turner, Mini - 11 IN, Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g