I have a confession to make. I fully intended on cooking and posting these lovely lamb chops last week in time for Easter. Guess what? Life got in the way of that. Did it make these any less special? Absolutely not. In fact I’m pretty sure these are going in my category of Weeknight Wonder meals. Fast and flavorful. How fast? 30 minutes tops. A quick 15 minute marinade and 15 minutes to grill the chops (don’t worry I didn’t grill them for 15 minutes – because that would mean I would have served lamb jerky – we won’t even talk about how wrong that would be. I had to grill in batches because my grill pan is not that large).
The pistachios give a nice texture to the outside and the lemon and mint brighten up the lamb flavor. It’s a pretty awesome flavor combo and just screams spring to me. I like to finish off the chops with even more lemon-zing by drizzling on a smidge more lemon infused olive oil. If you’re not as lemon inclined as I am just use regular extra virgin olive oil.
Serve these chops over a bed of mashed potatoes, creamy dreamy risotto or SAUTEED ASPARAGUS, OR if you’re impatient (like me) feel free to go all caveman on it and pick it up by the bone. I won’t tell.
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup minced pistachios
- 1/2 cup lemon infused extra virgin olive oil
- 8 lamb chops (approximately 2 1/2 - 3 pounds)
- 1 lemon- zested
- Into a small bowl add: garlic, mint, pistachios and olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Place lamb chops into a shallow dish and top with olive oil mixture. Make sure chops are well coated. Set aside for approximately 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan with a little oil and add lamb chops. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on EACH side (depending on the thickness).
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- Microplane Zester Grater made in USA stainless steel blade for zesting citrus and grating cheese - plastic handle - black
- Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible 20" x 10.44" Grill/Griddle Pan with Easy-Grip Handles, 10.5" x 20"
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.