Chocolate Cake with Ganache. A simple no fuss decandent from scratch chocolate cake that’s perfect for any occasion.
I have been craving chocolate cake for a while now. A simple no fuss decadent from scratch chocolate cake that comes together in about an hour. Don’t worry most of that time is spent in the oven baking away. Plenty of time for you to enjoy dinner and then have it for dessert warm straight out of the oven. Did you hear me exhale?
There is nothing better than a warm slice of chocolate cake dripping in chocolate ganache if you ask me. Unless someone else makes it, but that’s neither here nor there.
This is one of the very first not from a box cakes that I learned to make and continues to be one of my favorites. It’s the perfect birthday or un-birthday cake. Meaning that yes it’s good for any occasion. One of my favorite reasons to make a cake is a just because occasion. Why wait? It’s cake and it’s easy. A little grating, a little mixing and a lot of baking and then you can dive in.
And that ganache? It’s just a fancy word for chocolate sauce. I use the shortcut method where I heat the cream, take if off the burner and then add my chocolate and stir until combined. Easy peasy.
Then you get to lick the bowl and the spatula if you’re quick enough to hide it from your kids that is. Oh I can’t be the only one who does that?
You quite possibly will have everything you need handy for this Chocolate Cake with Ganache cake. Butter, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, eggs.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Safest Choice Eggs. I am an ambassador for Safest Choice Eggs and part of the Darling Dozen. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Safest Choice egg
- 50 grams unsweetened Baking Chocolate - finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- chocolate ganache
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees.
- Add sugar, butter and egg to mixing bowl and mix until very light in color.
- Add grated chocolate and continuing mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vanilla extract, yogurt and milk. Add to mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Add baking soda to the flour and GRADUALLY add to mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Butter and flour a 10" round cake pan. Add batter to pan (batter will be very loose). Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes OR until it passes the toothpick test.
- Allow cake to cool. Move to your serving platter or cake stand and drizzle with ganache.