Don’t adjust your screens that is indeed a hot pink hue to the hummus. Don’t be alarmed it isn’t chemically altered it’s hue comes from robust roasted red beets. However, Roasted Pink Beet Hummus didn’t happen to have the same ring to it. If you know me you know that pink is my most favorite color on the planet. It also happens to be the color that is associated with Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I’m partnering with my friends at KitchenAid to help bring awareness for breast cancer research. KitchenAid’s has a long-standing partnership with Susan G. Komen® for the Cure (they’ve helped them raise over 9 million dollars for breast cancer research to date) and we’re thrilled to be doing our small part by participating in the “Pass the Plate” program
It starts with a unique Villeroy & Boch plate designed by Jacques Pepin. The idea of the program is to register your plate on KitchenAid’s website, make a dish, serve it on the plate and then “Pass” it to a friend. Easy right? The friend would then register their plate on KitchenAid’s website, make a dish, serve it on the plate and “Pass” it to another friend. This can go on forever (and we hope it does). Each Time someone new registers the plate, KitchenAid donates $5 to Susan G. Komen®. It’s as easy as that.
For more information on Pass the Plate, visit https://cookforthecure.kitchenaid.com/pass-the-plate/ For more information on Cook for the Cure, visit https://cookforthecure.kitchenaid.com/
I chose to make a hot pink inspired version of hummus using roasted beets. It’s simple, dynamic and delicious. Want a chance to join me and the many others who’ve “passed the plate”? KitchenAid has generously offered to give one lucky bell’alimento reader a Cook for the Cure plate so that they too can “Pass the Plate”.
EDITED TO ADD: Contest has ended. Thank you for your entries. Winner is Lynda M and has been notified via email.
GIVEAWAY: To enter for your chance to win a KitchenAid Cook for the Cure plate: 1. Leave a comment telling us “What dish would you serve on your Cook for the Cure plate?”
(bonus entries – you must leave an additional comment for each entry to count)
2. Follow bell’alimento on TWITTER.
3. Like bell’alimento on FACEBOOK.
4. Follow bell’alimento on PINTEREST
5. Sign up for bell’alimento’s NEWSLETTER.
6. Follow bell’alimento on INSTAGRAM. Rules/Regulations: Contest is open to US residents 18 years of age of older. Contest runs November 1-8th at midnight EST, 2013. One winner will be chosen randomly and notified via email. Winner has 48 hours to claim prize or an alternate winner will be drawn. Odds of winning depend on number of entries.
Disclaimer: I was sent a complimentary Cook for the Cure plate from KitchenAid in conjunction with this giveaway. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
MORE RECIPES TO TRY:
If you’re feeling inspired by this roasted red beet hummus recipe, chances are you’ll enjoy these recipes:
- ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND BEETS
- ROASTED BEET RAVIOLI WITH MASCARPONE THYME FILLING
- PASTA WITH CREAMY ROASTED BEET SAUCE
- 2 large beets
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil - divided
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon - zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- chives to garnish - optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tops off beets and scrub beets clean. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for approximately 45 minutes - 1 hour OR until fork tender.
- When beets are cool enough to work with, remove skin and discard.
- Transfer beets to blender. Season with salt/pepper. Add: tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil. Pulse until desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with additional oil and chives if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil (200 Square Foot Roll)
Microplane Zester Grater made in USA stainless steel blade for zesting citrus and grating cheese - plastic handle - black
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender with FourSide Jar (75oz volume/32 oz Wet/Dry Fillable), Professional-Grade Power, 6 Pre-programmed Cycles, 10-speeds, Black
We would love to see them!