Pasta with Creamy Roasted Beet Sauce is a bright and beautiful vegetarian pasta dish that will delight your senses!
No one could accuse this pasta of being anything less than exciting. She’s’ definitely a plate turner. That’s no dye job boys and girls. That color is what you get when throw a roasted beets into the mix. Now I know beets are a love them or leave them kind of thing and honestly up until a few years ago I was a leave them kind of girl.
Then I figured out that roasting them was the ticket to my love affair with beets and lemon juice because you’re going to need that when you work with roasted beets unless you like hot pink hands.
And while pink is one of my favorite colors, hot pink hands do not go with much, if anything, unless it’s a Halloween party and well we’re past that aren’t we. This dish is stunning on it’s own but if you want to add a little texture, garnish it with crushed pistachios right before serving.
It was my intention to have the crushed pistachios in the photos, and my belly, but pistachios do not last long in my house. I adore them and buy them shelled because buying them already shelled makes them disappear even faster.
Note to self, start making better grocery lists so I have pistachios on hand at all times. That was a miss on my part but it doesn’t have to be on your part. The more you know.
Consider making a double batch of of the ROASTED RED BEET HUMMUS aka the base to our “sauce” while you already have the oven on. It’s great for dipping and dunking all the things and of course to make this bright and beautiful pasta with.
Can’t get enough beets? Try …
BEET PANNA COTTA with HONEY
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- kosher salt
- roasted beet sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano - grated
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. When boiling add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water prior to draining.
- In a large saute pan heat beet sauce. When warm add cream and sage. Mix to combine. If mixture is too thick loosen with reserved pasta water.
- Add pasta and cheese to saute pan. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with additional cheese if desired.
- OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
- Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red
- Le Creuset Stoneware 9 3/4" Pasta Bowl, White
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.