This Espresso Ice Cream post is sponsored by Lavazza. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own.
Coffee, it pretty much gets me through my day (well that and wine but we’re talking about coffee today). You all know this. It isn’t a secret. I’m coo coo for coffee. That would make an awesome t-shirt wouldn’t it. I should look into that. Naturally when I found out that my birth month JULY was National Ice Cream Month you knew my first flavor to churn out would be a highly caffeinated perfect espresso roast ice cream.
It’s pretty much the perfect way to enjoy coffee in the summer time. As much as I love ICED COFFEE this is better. Don’t hate.
Because I like to push the caffeinated envelope I even drizzled a little (okay a lot whatever) of our HOMEMADE COFFEE CARAMEL SAUCE on top of our ice cream cones. I might be up all night but it will totally be worth it. Don’t act like you don’t want a scoop or two or three.
I think I’m going to make a milkshake with this now because I seriously can’t get enough. Cheers to National Ice Cream Month!
You can explore more about Lavazza by visiting www.shoplavazza.com
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar - divided
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Lavazza perfetto espresso roast coffee
- Into your stand mixer bowl add: egg yolks and 1 cup sugar. Mix until mixture is light in color and creamy.
- Into a heavy bottom sauce pan add: milk, cream, salt and coffee. Stir to combine. Heat mixture over medium heat and cook until small bubbles appear on sides (do not bring to boil). Remove from heat.
- Gradually add egg mixture to to liquid, stirring as you go. Return pan to heat and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- Allow pan to come to room temperature OR place over an ice bath to cool it more rapidly.
- Transfer to refrigerator and allow to chill completely.
- Churn mixture according to your machine's manufacturer's directions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.