Homemade Coffee Caramel Sauce
(whispering) Hi my name is Paula and I am a coffee snob. There I said it. I feel so much better. What can I say. It’s true. Everyone knows how much I love coffee. I should clarify, GOOD coffee. I start MOST of my days with a cappuccino or espresso. I need my caffeine. Yes NEED. It’s necessary for the safety of all those around me. I will (with tears) not indulge in my daily dose if the coffee available to me isn’t up to par. Most of the time when I travel, sadly I go without. Although, I will say last week on my way to Houston I was THRILLED when I found a Lavazza kiosk in the Atlanta airport. I almost knocked 3 people over crossing over the
freeway walkway to get to it. Nothing shall stand in the way of good coffee right?
I’m excited to share that I’m a Lavazza Passionista. I’ve partnered with Lavazza coffee and I’ll be sharing more with you about their product and company over the next few months. For over 100 years, people around the world have tasted the excellence of Lavazza coffee and have relished in the bold-delicious taste and flavor consistencies to meet their every caffeinated need. The #1 coffee in Italy, is excited to share with you their four specialty drip coffee blends – Gran Aroma, Classico, Gran Selezione, and Perfetto. I’m currently obsessed with Perfetto.
Perfetto – Made from 100% carefully selected Arabica beans from Central and South America, Perfetto is bold with lingering caramel notes. It is roasted a bit longer to produce a “perfect” and characteristically Italian dark flavor profile. The ideal choice for those who love the pure pleasure of espresso roasts.
Gran Aroma – A balanced, highly aromatic blend of premium 100% Arabica beans from South America. It has a floral aroma and citrusy flavor profile, ideal for the true coffee connoisseur.
Classico – This blend’s balanced roast time produces its signature intense aroma of dried fruits, along with the rich and full body of beans sourced from South America and Africa.
Gran Selezione – This flavor comes exclusively from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ coffee farms. It is a premium Arabica blend, sourced from Central and South America, with chocolate undertones and a full-bodied taste. 100% fine Arabica, 100% sustainably grown.
We’ve bumped our regular coffee up a notch with the addition of a just a swirl of homemade coffee caramel sauce. No need to purchase any squeeze bottles of flavoring when you can make it yourself in no time at all. Then you can use the rest to serve over ice cream or just straight off the spoon into your mouth. I won’t tell
Explore more about Lavazza by visiting www.shoplavazza.com
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Lavazza. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coffee
- Into a large heavy bottom sauce pan add sugar and water. Using a wooden spoon, stir until combined. Cook, stirring continually, over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Then leave alone until mixture turns to a caramel/amber color. Remove pan from heat when color is achieved.
- WHILE sugar is cooking, into a separate sauce pan add: cream, butter, salt and coffee. Whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat until warmed through and butter has melted.
- When amber color has been achieved, CAREFULLY and SLOWLY pour cream mixture into pot. Mixture will bubble furiously. Gently stir using a silicon spatula and continue to stir until well combined.
- Allow sauce to cool and then transfer to a glass container with a lid. Use as desired.