Sauteed Sprouts and Shrooms Hash with Bacon
If you’re not enjoying the deliciousness that are Brussels Sprouts you’re missing out. These aren’t the boiled Brussels that you might have grown up gagging on (or maybe that was just me). Yep boiled Brussels are the worst and admittedly kept me away from Brussels for many years. Thanks Mom.
Even my childhood dog wouldn’t eat them boiled nd that’s saying something, that dog at ALL the things. Good things I discovered that roasting or sauteing them is a game changer. Now it’s game on.
Mushrooms are a natural flavor pairing for Brussels Sprouts and when you add crispy bacon crumbles to the mix and put an egg on it well it’s pretty stinking irresistible. We’re going to call this mash up a hash. It’s so versatile that it’s great for breakfast, brunch or brinner (breakfast for dinner). In all honesty, it is so simple to prepare it’s almost a non-recipe.
I take a short cut and start buy using Brussels sprouts that have already been shaved for me – meaning they’re ready for me in the bag. That you tar-jay. You can use your food processor but I’m just not a fan of having to clean mine so I take the short cut.
You can also put your knife skills to use and slice them sliver thin yourself if you’re feeling frisky (go ahead with your bad self).
Any fresh mushrooms are great so use what you like – I used baby portobello mushrooms (which if you’ve been around my little corner of the world wide web for long know they’re my favorites). A quick saute and then you’re ready to stick a fork in it. You ready to eat? I know I am.
Disclaimer: I am a contributor for The Mushroom Channel. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms – quartered
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 9 ounces shaved Brussels sprouts
- kosher salt/black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon infused olive oil
- 2 slices thick cut bacon – cooked crisp and crumbled sunny side up eggs – optional
- Into a large saute pan add oil and butter. Heat over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms have softened.
- Add Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until Brussels sprouts have softened.
- Finish with drizzle of lemon infused olive oil.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon. Top with optional sunny side up egg.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g