Snowflake OREO Cookie Balls.
I have a confession. I love OREO cookies. Like REALLY love them. Preferably Double Stuff, because double the stuff, duh. Have ever since I was a kid, and now, well I’m just a big kid so it still works for me. The only thing better than eating a regular OREO to me is eating an OREO cookie ball. Yep. Do you want to know how hard these cookie balls are to make?
If you can smash up OREO cookies, mix in a little softened cream cheese and use a fork, you’ve got this! You’ll be the hostess with the mostest (or host with the most) if you prepare a batch of these to serve up for your friends and family over the holidays, OR better yet, give them as gifts. Who doesn’t love an edible gift, am I right?
You can even get the entire family involved in helping out. Another set of hands is always a good thing. Especially when it comes time to dip them in the chocolate and decorate them.
How to Make Cookie Balls?
Here’s a few TIPS when it comes time to DIP: Be sure to read the manufacturers melting directions. Once your chocolate is melted, to easily coat cookie balls in chocolate, add balls in batches, don’t crowd the bowl. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated.
Remove balls with forks, letting the excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls onto a rimmed baking sheet that’s been lined with freezer paper (or a silicone type mat). Allow the chocolate to set before you decorate.
In keeping with our easy peasy theme we have going on, you can purchase OREO cookies at Kroger while you’re doing your regular shopping. They’re sure to have your holiday ingredient needs and one stop shopping is always a plus.
I’ve always loved the variety of products they have on hand and have found the store has a shopper friendly layout (which I really appreciate).
There are so many fun ways to decorate the cookie balls, go ahead and go crazy! If you want to add sprinkles while the chocolate is still setting go ahead. Want to drizzle a contrasting chocolate on top? Go ahead? Want to pipe your own fun designs on? You’ve got mad skills! Go ahead.
OR you can leave the cookie balls plain. No matter what you decide, they’re going to be delicious and you’re going to look like you slaved away in the kitchen, we don’t have to tell them otherwise.
Want more cookie balls? Try our PEPPERMINT OREO COOKIE BALLS !
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by OREO. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. A
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 36 OREO cookies - finely crushed
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 - 1" balls. Place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with freezer paper. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions and tine with food coloring before dipping.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate. Place in a single layer on rimmed baking sheet lined with freezer paper. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate or icing to resemble snowflake.
- Refrigerate one hour OR until firm. Keep refrigerated and store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.