Fun and festive, Peppermint OREO Cookie Balls.
Tis’ the season! Have you started thinking about all the holiday treats you’ll be making? I’m all about EASY when it comes to holiday treats. While I will be baking some of said treats, it’s really kind of unavoidable if you’re making cookies and such ; ) I’ll be all about the no bake varieties.
When I see the words NO BAKE I perk right up. It’s just the way it is (well unless someone else is baking it for me, then cake, bring me cake 😉 December is already a BUSY month. No need to make it any harder on yourself right?
These Peppermint OREO Cookie Balls are a quick and easy treat that is sure to impress all your friends and family during the holidays. You can even get the entire family involved in helping out. Another set of hands is always a good thing.
You can purchase OREO cookies at Kroger while you’re doing your regular shopping. They’re sure to have your holiday ingredient needs and one stop shopping is always a plus. I’ve always loved the variety they have on hand.
The hardest part of making the cookie balls is waiting for them to set up. You’ll start out by crushing your OREO cookies. You can do this in a food processor OR you can place them into a large zip top bag and bash them using your rolling pin or meat mallet (just don’t use the pointed side, that would make a serious mess. Trust me.) Then you’ll mix in the cream cheese. Easy peasy. Scoop them into balls and then let them freeze. Hard stuff y’all.
When they’re all chill, you’ll dip them in the melted chocolate. Be sure to read the manufacturers melting directions. I like to do this in small batches and don’t worry if they’re not perfect, they’ll still taste delicious. Not to mention when you top them with the crushed mints, no one is the wiser.
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and bring them out when you want to enjoy them over a period of time!
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by OREO. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own.
- 3 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 18 DOUBLE STUFF OREO cookies - finely crushed
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 4 starlight mints - coarsely crushed
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 20 - 1" balls. Place balls into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with freezer paper. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip balls, one at a time, in chocolate. Turning to evenly coat each ball. Transfer to baking sheet. Sprinkle top of ball with crushed mints.
- Refrigerate one hour OR until firm. Keep refrigerated and store in an airtight container.
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
- Reynolds Freezer Paper Plastic Coated 50 Sq Ft (Pack of 1)
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red
- Wilton Candy Melts Candy Dipping Scoop
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.