Fun and festive, Peppermint OREO Cookie Balls.
Tis’ the season! Have you started thinking about all the holiday treats you’ll be making? I’m all about EASY when it comes to holiday treats. While I will be baking some of said treats, it’s really kind of unavoidable if you’re making cookies and such ; ) I’ll be all about the no bake varieties.
When I see the words NO BAKE I perk right up. It’s just the way it is (well unless someone else is baking it for me, then cake, bring me cake 😉 December is already a BUSY month. No need to make it any harder on yourself right?
These Peppermint OREO Cookie Balls are a quick and easy treat that is sure to impress all your friends and family during the holidays. You can even get the entire family involved in helping out. Another set of hands is always a good thing.
WHAT IS THE HARDEST PART OF MAKING COOKIE BALLS?
The hardest part of making the cookie balls is waiting for them to set up. You’ll start out by crushing your OREO cookies. You can do this in a food processor OR you can place them into a large zip top bag and bash them using your rolling pin or meat mallet (just don’t use the pointed side, that would make a serious mess. Trust me.) Then you’ll mix in the cream cheese. Easy peasy. Scoop them into balls and then let them freeze. Hard stuff y’all.
When they’re all chill, you’ll dip them in the melted chocolate. Be sure to read the manufacturers melting directions. I like to do this in small batches and don’t worry if they’re not perfect, they’ll still taste delicious. Not to mention when you top them with the crushed mints, no one is the wiser.
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and bring them out when you want to enjoy them over a period of time!
- 3 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 18 DOUBLE STUFF OREO cookies - finely crushed
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 4 starlight mints - coarsely crushed
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 20 - 1" balls. Place balls into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with freezer paper. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip balls, one at a time, in chocolate. Turning to evenly coat each ball. Transfer to baking sheet. Sprinkle top of ball with crushed mints.
- Refrigerate one hour OR until firm. Keep refrigerated and store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIES TO TRY
If you’re feeling inspired by my cookie recipe, you’ll love these other cookie recipes:
- White Chocolate Dipped Chewy Gingersnap Cookies
- Momma’s Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Snowflake OREO Cookie Balls
We would love to see them!